MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowhair42 View Post
I'm a machinist and I made my own.How do you clean it?
Blowtorch and screwdriver

Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #17
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbaughn View Post
What do you guys think of this guys cold smoker? $99 shipped, or $129 for a cordless one that runs off of some kind of battery.

Venturi Cold Smoker

Seems to be made pretty well, I just don't know about buying from someone that no one has heard of, and don't know if $129 is a good price on something like that really. I know the Smokedaddy is about that if I ain't wrong. The cordless option if it will run a long time would be awesome. Be able to run the thing anywhere would be useful no doubt since where I smoke and grill I would have ti run a heck of a long extension cord to any kind of fan or air pump that was on one of these things.
Yes, It is made by me, woodpelletsmoker. Please search my name and you will find that I am not "no one has heard of"
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
those types of generators are prone to getting plugged up with tar

I have an Amazen Smoker pellet burner, it works fantastic and costs about $40, and uses no electricity

http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12
It is NOT COLD smoking. It burns inside your smoker, the heat it produces is kept inside your smoker.
Also I have same cheaper smoking box, $20 or $25. Simply check my eBay store please. Also I add grease prevent cover/umbrella to avoid grease fire

Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #19
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbaughn View Post
That sucks, never heard of the tar problem. That would be a pretty big issue no doubt and aggravating.
1.Smokey Daddy uses a weak pump, there is not enough air to burn all wood out
2.Smokey Daddy is made from Aluminum, which can not be burnt by high temperature
3.I use a 10 CFM fan, optional 50 CFM fan. It is strong enough to burn all wood to ash
4.My smoker is made from Stainless Steel. If any tar, simply burn it at high temperature

Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

My smoking box, with grease preventing umbrella, placed inside your smoker, $25 free mail

Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
mgcrumster
Got rid of the matchlight.

Greeting to all, My theory is the less moving parts, the fewer problems. I own, and have used an A-maze-N-smoker this winter to cold smoke about 40 LBS of cheese for myself, family and friends. Two hours of cherry pellets smoke seems about perfect. After about one month wrapped in cling wrap in the fridge allows the cheese to age, and for the smoke to distribute through out. I've become a smoked cheese Rock Star at the Pharmacy, and Dentist office!
mgcrumster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #22
DoradoDave
Found some matches.

Default Looks good to me

Amazin smoker is not perfect. I have the big tube and have had it go out twice.
the design here is much more sophisticated. Cold smoke salmon simply has not tuned out for me with anazin smoker.

By the addition of the ice pack option, mounting outside the box and using all red alder one should be able to make nova lox as good as any commercial outfit.

I would noy bad mouth this unit until there is some evidence other than a swag.
(Scientific wild ass guess)
DoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #23
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoradoDave View Post
Amazin smoker is not perfect. I have the big tube and have had it go out twice.
the design here is much more sophisticated. Cold smoke salmon simply has not tuned out for me with anazin smoker.

By the addition of the ice pack option, mounting outside the box and using all red alder one should be able to make nova lox as good as any commercial outfit.

I would noy bad mouth this unit until there is some evidence other than a swag.
(Scientific wild ass guess)
Why do not you check eBay score and find the feedbacks

Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
Yes, It is made by me, woodpelletsmoker. Please search my name and you will find that I am not "no one has heard of"
I didn't mean to offend you if I did with this post and I didn't mean no one has heard of" as offensive either and I'm sorry if it came off like that. I should've worded it "no one has tried the product yet."

In reference to the Amazin Smoker setup, I'd be using it in a mini WSM probably or my Weber Performer and maybe my old Brinkmann electric if I needed it to be taller than the mini. If it's 50 degrees outside or so does it raise temps much? That's about what it's like at night for a while now here in Bama, and in the summer I got an old mini fridge I'ma try to setup for something to smoke in. I'd like to keep it around 50 degrees or so really and not raise the temp much more than 10 degrees. I am gonna try smoking a bunch of veggies, fruits, cheeses, and meat when I decide on what setup to try so I want all that to stay real cool and not cook or melt. I would like to smoke a whole loaf of my bread but guess we'll see on that later.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I am native chinese in Beijing,China
My English is poor. Please understand my words as simple as possible.
If any meaning implicity in my words, it is not my original purpose
If you want to do real COLD smoking, you need the venturi smoker. and If you live in a tropical area, you must need ice cooler too.
Once again, I use stainless steel, and I use a big fan of 10 CFM, optional 50 CFM. Fan speed can be tuned steplessly.
My eBay score today is 298, which means that I have 298 happy buyers on eBay.