• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

newbee up north

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zupnorth

hi all. imy name is Dan and i am located in Michigan. i'm sorry to say that it is really difficult to find really good BBQ up here so i am very excited about joining the site. i am looking forward to learning how to cook really good BBQ. I am also looking for a good smoker for a beginner and i am looking at the 18.5 WSM. any other suggestions?

Hey Dan,

Bret here. Glad to see you aboard! It's the best on-line group of folks I've ever found and you'll learn a ton here. If you haven't checked it out already, spend some time reading through this thread and following it's links where they take you. You're going to be a Q expert in no time.

Talk to you soon,
Bret

Welcome to the insanity brother MiFo!
Lots of great information here at this site.

Good to have you Dan.
As you can see by my sig, I am a WSM man through and through. It is an excellent little smoker. You will not regret getting one.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Hi Dan,
Lots of guys here have the WSM's, and love 'em. Another consideration would be to make a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker). As an industrial Michigander, you probably have all the tools you need to make one, and just need the drum. I'll be making mine in another week or two. There's lots of guys here that can give you pointers on building one, and there's a very long thread dedicated to it.

There's a competition near you in Mt Morris on 8/22. Some members here will be competing. That'd be a GREAT place to go shopping for ideas, and meet a few others that share our same affliction of BBQ.

Either way, good luck, enjoy, and have fun!

-scott

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

hi all. imy name is Dan and i am located in Michigan. i'm sorry to say that it is really difficult to find really good BBQ up here so i am very excited about joining the site. i am looking forward to learning how to cook really good BBQ. I am also looking for a good smoker for a beginner and i am looking at the 18.5 WSM. any other suggestions?

So you've had Bubba's cooking... (Sorry buddy, I just couldn't pass that one up!)

Hi Dan, I have to ditto what EatonHoggBBQ said,"good to see another Michigan brother". Welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back