Atlantic Maritime BBQ Fest this Saturday in Nova Scotia!

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis
Hi All,
This coming Saturday we are planning a HUGE BBQ Brethren restaurant-initiation-welcoming-get-together in the thriving metropolis of River John, NS, which is conveniently located near the border of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI (heck, I'll even throw Newfoundland in there for good measure, why not), making this a super-duper Atlantic Maritime BBQ Fest.

We will meet at JO Dearing's Southern Smoke BBQ and Grill around noontime this Saturday, 17 August, (although I seriously doubt I'll make it there before 12:30) and continue until Jo kicks us out or we decide we're full. For those not familiar with River John, a convenient map can be found buried within the pages of the restaurant website:

http://www.southernsmoker.com/index.html

Hope to see everyone there, so we can break in Southernsmoker's new restaurant!

Careful - he might BAN you! :tsk:

It's just a little outside my perimeter for this weekend - y'all have fun!

There will be tons of pron, yes? :hungry:

What timing... :tsk: Even if I get sprung right now, Google Maps puts it as a 49 hour drive straight through... You can bet your sweet bippy all the brisket will be gone if Gore gets there at 12:30. :mad:

What timing... :tsk: Even if I get sprung right now, Google Maps puts it as a 49 hour drive straight through... You can bet your sweet bippy all the brisket will be gone if Gore gets there at 12:30. :mad:

I'd recommend heading straight for the Canadian border. The speed limit is 110 up here. You can cut your time in half. :thumb:

I'd recommend heading straight for the Canadian border. The speed limit is 110 up here. You can cut your time in half. :thumb:

Good thinking Gore... :clap: Do you have room for me to throw down an air mattress on the floor in your suite at the Train Station Inn? :sleep:

Good thinking Gore... :clap: Do you have room for me to throw down an air mattress on the floor in your suite at the Train Station Inn? :sleep:

Should definitely have room on the floor. I think there might be a crib in one of the rooms that will be unoccupied. I expect that would be more comfy. :thumb:

So on my way, my buddys got the cooler.

Great! I'm glad you'll have drinks covered. I hope you're able to bring a couple six-packs.

Good luck, great to hear of a new BBQ spot in the best province of the dominion!!

See you there!

Hey Gore...there's a catch...

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Menu items subject to change.[/FONT]

Eggplant and/or tofu anyone?

Oh no, maybe we'll just hang out at Tim Horton's. :tsk:

ok ok anoder year has past, time to kick it up again at da Atlantic Maritime BBQ Fest

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back