• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Got a Lang smoker - I wanna cook for everyone - but I don't want to get sued - Now what?

snyper77

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Recently bought a Lang 60 Deluxe w/warming box and 40" chargrill. :clap2:

I've got this nice rig in my back yard, I can turn out some dang good Q, and money is being offered for me to come cook.

I also love to take the rig over to a bud's house, and the neighborhood chips in, and we turn out a FEAST on the Lang.

That been said...... fellow members here have mentioned: "You better be careful in feeding so many people without any kind of insurance, etc. Your life can go down the tubes real quick if people claim your cooking made them sick." :icon_sick

That's damn scary.:shock:

Can a person not have a nice smoker, cook for folks, share some good Q, make an extra buck, and just live life without having to talk to lawyers, buy insurance policies, etc. :blah: ?

I'm in Alabama, in case that matters. Please tell me what I MUST DO in order to cook for friends, family, or strangers and never have to worry about someone suing me. - This is the part where I close my eyes and hope I don't have to spend money. :faint:

Thanks in advance for your input. I really appreciate it.

Have the same problem just not with the Lang mine is a custom build. Was looking into doing the same thing and checked with the county health folks and where I live I basicly have to have a full commercial kitchen on wheels complete with a friggin freezer [now that's a bunch of BS to me] currently looking into doing what is called a temp food service rig which dosen't have to have half the **** as the other which makes no sense as you are doing the same thing. Anyway that's what's up where I am I would check with the local health dept first.

There has to be some rules and regulations otherwise a lot of people would sell roadside and restaurants would have less business. If the restaurant needs the correct equipment, why shouldn't we?

I agree with a lot of the rules, some are crazy though.

KISS
Dont charge friends and family, accept donations.

NEVER cook for the public. :)

I do a number of events for a couple local restaurants and as such, I'm considered a part of their kitchen. All of the insurance is on them.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Back