Smoked Venison Shoulder...self serve style?

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I inserted garlic cloves into the slits in the shoulder, marinaded it overnight in a mixture of onions, jalapenos, rosemary and Moore's marinade. ( this was my first time to try Moores).

007-13-1.jpg

008-7-1.jpg

then draped with bacon and smoked in my drum with a small bit of mesquite...

013-6-1.jpg

Added onions, jalapenos and I just had to smoke some spam too. :)

034-4-1.jpg

Heated some tortillas...

053-6-1.jpg

set up my fancy eating table....

071-4-1.jpg

and let friends serve themselves....

066-8-1.jpg

073-4-1.jpg

we drank a few cold ones and snacked while the sun set...

082-4-1.jpg

077-1.jpg

It was a nice evening. :wink:

Thanks for looking!

Sure is a beautiful setting on your buffet table Jeanie!

Was there any leftovers at all?

Is that a Hollywood set? Do you know how much a union set like that would cost?!!!

lol Vinny! It's plastic food and the tree is cardboard. :biggrin:
Thanks! :wink:

Thank you Bull! I do have a little bit leftover. I'll probably have it for breakfast tomorrow. :biggrin:

....................................... :icon_shock1: That's fantastic. That is one mean looking knife too! So what did you think about the Moore's. Come to think of it, Moore's and Dales are perfect for wild game. You rock, Jeanie.
I'd so hit that. Looks like a ton of flavor in that meat. The scenery...............gorgeous. Was there a big bon fire afterward with more coldies? ;)

....................................... :icon_shock1: That's fantastic. That is one mean looking knife too! So what did you think about the Moore's. Come to think of it, Moore's and Dales are perfect for wild game. You rock, Jeanie.
I'd so hit that. Looks like a ton of flavor in that meat. The scenery...............gorgeous. Was there a big bon fire afterward with more coldies? ;)

Thanks Bob! I like Old Timer knives. :-D The Moores was great, I have used Dales in the past but had this stuff on hand and wanted to give it a try. You're right, it goes well with wild game. I'll use it again!
No bonfire tonight... stayed up too late last night, I was too tired! :biggrin:

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Thanks Que-Dawg! :-D

Great lookin' grub Jeanie!

Our deer camp in SW doesn't get that fancy, just grilled pork chops or steaks or Cajun sausage. We also have drinks around the bonfire at night while listening to the 'yotes howl.

Dang SWSW that looks fantastic :!:

Now I regret not saving a shoulder for something like this....:rolleyes:

Just jaw dropping Jeanie.... nicely done :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Really nice backyard :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I skeptical. I can't believe you could keep cooking that well time after time. The only way to convince me is to invite my family and me to dinner. We'll be driving to TX in January - would be willing to stop in OK to let you prove me wrong :)

Awesome, Jeanie...as always.

Looks like you're at it again, girl!! I wish I lived closer so I could try some of your cooking, It all looks really good.....:lol::lol::lol:

firecrackerjack

Fantastic! Just fantastic! The food, the cooking, the pictures, the vibe. There is a lot of love right there in that food.

nice work cowgirl! Any chances you'll clue me in to the time and temperature you smoked it at?

my best friend just shot a quality 9 point buck here (YES WE HAVE DEER IN NEW JERSEY...YUCK YUCK) and I've convinced him to let me sear up the backstraps for him (and me haha), but perhaps i can get him to let me smoke the shoulder for him/me too!

Back