Injectors

K

kcquer

Where do you get an injector that isn't a total piece of crap? Pretty much all the ones I've dealt with to date have been disposable, one use and farked, if you get to finish what you started.

Or Cabela's.

Drive by the site of the store they are building between Austin and San Antonio on Tuesday...so much room for so many toys......gave me happypants

The large plastic ones at WalMart arent' too bad. I've used the first one I bought about 6 times now and it's still in good shape. They are only a couple of bucks!

The one's that remind me of the vet's clinic are available at www.theingredientstore.com and other places.

I'm with David, for 2 or 3 dallors the WalMart injectors is a hell of a deal.

The large plastic ones at WalMart arent' too bad. I've used the first one I bought about 6 times now and it's still in good shape. They are only a couple of bucks!
I must have gotten a bad one. The one I bought from wally world was farked before completing its first task. Needle doesn't "lock in" to the syringe body properly. I look real coordinated trying to do the * pattern mod while holding the 2 parts together. Can anyone say bearcub mod?

You need to go to the local Farm & Home store and get a cattle hypo with a set of large bore needles. These are super duty, super sharp and where the needle screws on to the syringe, it's metal to metal. I've had mine for 5 years and it's still going strong

I have one of these monsters also. Bought it years ago and still going strong. However, without my kitchen right now, I have no idea where it is or I would tell you the name of it.

I have two Cajun injectors the stainless models, a 4 oz and the 8oz (use for doing whole hog or hams), they are not without their own problems. First is cost, second the needle aren't any better than the plastic unit Wal Mart is selling. The WalMart injector is a heavier plastic than you get with marinades as a package deal.
The Ingredient Store sells an injector that has many more holes in it, distributing more of the injection with each shot.

Found these at the local farm supply store, we used these on the farm all the time, I just assumed they'd be cost prohibitve for Q use. The locally avail items are about $35 not including needles, which there is a large assortment of including the large bore multi hole type you get with food injectors.

You pull the trigger and it delivers a set dose, saw a guy use one at the Royal, pretty slick.

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/pop_prodimage.asp?CID=2&id=16112

Back