Hasty Bake?

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Heard it mentioned here. What are they and are they any good?

Charcoal oven gag

made in Tulsa.
hasty bake dot com.
Neat little cooker. The gag is the firebox moves from 2 to maybe 16 inches from the food. It also has a baffle for over the fire.
Doesn't have great air control, it runs naturally around 270.
Built like a tank. All in all I like mine a lot, but I would not pay "new" prices for one.

Edit: I take that back. IF I was doing a cool outdoor kitchen, I woulld definitely pay for the big installable model!

Check out the website.

J

I have an old Legacy, You are welcome to it.

Right after the fight.

Heard it mentioned here. What are they and are they any good?

Nice cooker that is very versatile. New price is a little steep, but I keep looking at a dealer not far from me. You might talk to HoDeDo, I think he has one.

IF you look back I have a thread on the $25 hasty bake I have.... I think they are great cookers. Grill or smoke, good capacity, My dad's (Model 701 I think)legacy lasted 20 + years... I think my Model 401 ( aka Suburban) will last ages.

Definately one that is fun to play with, esp. if you have a rotisserie to stick in it.

Can I just back over you and load it in the truck?? :twisted:

I'll get back to you on that one....

BTW mine was built in 1966. a little elbow grease and she is still smokin!!

If the guy selling it never used it, how does he know that it is great for camping?

Find out what it is. I think they make a little "camper grill" gadget that is a glorified box with a grate. I'm sure its tough as nails, but may not be what yer lookin for.

Find out what it is. I think they make a little "camper grill" gadget that is a glorified box with a grate. I'm sure its tough as nails, but may not be what yer lookin for.

Good point... I forgot I pack heavier than most for camping :wink:

Yeah, they're very well built. The trick is to get a passerby to help you push/pull the beast back into your toy hauler....
Damn it Andy
ModelMaker

Back