MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:17 AM   #76
masque13
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I don't know when it happened, but if it wasn't during the meeting it wouldn't appear in the meeting minutes. I'm assuming that it was done after the meeting since he participated.
You would be correct. He would not be participating if he had resigned before or during the meeting and you are correct that there would be no real reason to include his resignation in the minutes unless he did it during a meeting.
Gateway 55G Drum
masque13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #77
BoneDaddy's
Take a breath!

I do not know Randall, but this is crap that his company is contracted by KCBS.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #78
masque13
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDaddy's View Post
I do not know Randall, but this is crap that his company is contracted by KCBS.
here is what I would say about that.....until everyone knows 100% of the facts, such as how many people bid on the work, were the bids sealed, who was the most qualified to do the work, who provided the most economical bid, who would likely do the best work and who would dedicate themselves or their company to the contract the most, then I can't say without a doubt that it was a "bad deal" for the KCBS Board to agree to do business with another Board member.

Can it turn out badly? Yes.

does it have to always be a bad thing? Not at all, if done correctly, above board and with a lot of transparency.

I speak from experience when I say this.....I have either served working for a BOD directly or served on other Boards for the last 16 years of my professional life in multiple capacities. I have been a part of well over 320 board meetings in that time. And I can honestly tell you that there are times when the best move for the organization is to do business with another setting Board member. Not very often, but it has and does happen.

And there are also times when that Board member may be the only viable option for the organization to choose.

My guess is that somebody felt strongly about using him, because they all knew it would become public member knowledge that it had been done, and they knew it would likely be controversial......so why did they do it? If I had been on that Board I would have only done it knowing that I truly felt it was the best option or that I knew the dude would be stepping down.

Now in all fairness, I am speaking in generalities.....I understand that. I do not know any of the players involved in this other than a former Board member just a little bit. I don't have answers to any of the questions I speculated about above......so they could have simply made a series of selfish and bad decisions like alot of people feel they have done. But then again, there may be a great deal more to this story than we currently know or may ever know.
Gateway 55G Drum
masque13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #79
Jousting Pigs
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Big John

Looks like this BOD meeting will be interesting based on the President's Report...

https://kcbs.us/news_manager.php?page=17462
Jousting Pigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #80
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousting Pigs View Post
Looks like this BOD meeting will be interesting based on the President's Report...

Thanks for posting the link! I was just about to go look to see if the agenda was posted yet.

Between that, and an item further down the agenda I think "interesting" may be a conservative description.

On a positive note, I'll give this board credit for not kicking the can down the road. They've addressed some big issues already, are working on others, and are coming back around to take another look at at least one other issue. It may just be my perception, but it seems that there is more of the sausage being made out front so far than in some past years. I'm not just referring to the last several years, but going further back.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #81
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousting Pigs View Post

This jumped out at me (From Mike Richter's statement)
" I believe history will point to this as the beginning of the end of KCBS. "

Both Candy Weaver and Mike Richter put statements in the record that are full of mystery, innuendo, vague charges and more.

How about just coming clean and telling the membership what's actually going on?

SECRECY and the BOD's unwillingness to come clean will be the end.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #82
TheDeuce
Full Fledged Farker

Are we really bringing up the TOY bonus points again?!? How on earth is that even a priority right now.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #83
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
Are we really bringing up the TOY bonus points again?!? How on earth is that even a priority right now.
Good question. alot of stupid things being brought up. It appears someone has an issue with judges using a fork to pick a sample out of the box. And Richter's complaining about the new board. GTFO, Elections have consequences.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #84
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
Looks like the TOY items are to take effect 2020. Maybe they just want to address now to get it out of the way. Gives everyone plenty of time to know the rules of the game.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #85
Jorge

It's a standing committee. They have monthly meetings, so they may as well address it. If it takes too much time during this meeting, which appears to have a full agenda it can be tabled until next month for discussion and/or a vote. Good for the committee for sending something to the board for action.

ToY was decided by one point, and came down to the final weekend this year. Seems like a reasonable response and won't be implemented this year after the season has started. I'm having a hard time finding something wrong here.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #86
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
This jumped out at me (From Mike Richter's statement)
" I believe history will point to this as the beginning of the end of KCBS. "

Both Candy Weaver and Mike Richter put statements in the record that are full of mystery, innuendo, vague charges and more.

How about just coming clean and telling the membership what's actually going on?

SECRECY and the BOD's unwillingness to come clean will be the end.
The good ol boys club is squirming. Exactly what we've needed for years.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #87
Jorge

Quick Notes are up.

https://kcbs.us/news_manager.php?page=17463

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #88
bigdogphin
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like Mike Richter resigned today. I respect him as a cook and a person. Boards should be made up of differing opinions and perspectives. People may not agree but it's a way for all parties to represented. Sad to see this go down like this and it looks like transparency is a matter of perspectiv now a days.

"Xquelibur" Black badazz Yoder Cimarron

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500
Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #89
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogphin View Post
Looks like Mike Richter resigned today. I respect him as a cook and a person. Boards should be made up of differing opinions and perspectives. People may not agree but it's a way for all parties to represented. Sad to see this go down like this and it looks like transparency is a matter of perspectiv now a days.

Mike’s a good guy and I feel like he was doing his best on the board. There must be some serious stuff going down for him to resign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 09:56 AM   #90
tduffy
is One Chatty Farker

He's probably a good buy but a terrible board member. The reason KCBS is in the condition it is, isn't because of the current board, it's due to the previous board and he was part of it. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

Among all the terrible decisions the previous board made, currently the KCBS Score program has no ability to send contest results to the new website so right now Reps have to email a CSV file to the company who made the new site and they have to manually add it to the website. That's why it takes so long for results to show up now. And the previous board thought that in that condition this site was ready to go live production...........

Tags
kcbs