MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

Default Wholesale charcoal?

Looking for an upstate NY (or northeast) wholesale charcoal source. Prefer to use natural briquette with starch binder only. I need palette supplies (finally stepping up to open a take out shop).

Any one have any suggestions? Every source I've found online is in California and the common carrier charges will kill my profit margin.

All help is appreciated.

cheers,
Frank Davis
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Maddad56
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

try your food/paper vendor why would you try to buy a truck load @ a time?
Maddad56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachahut View Post
Looking for an upstate NY (or northeast) wholesale charcoal source. Prefer to use natural briquette with starch binder only. I need palette supplies (finally stepping up to open a take out shop).

Any one have any suggestions? Every source I've found online is in California and the common carrier charges will kill my profit margin.

All help is appreciated.

cheers,
Frank Davis
Frank I think I have one for you but try talking to the managers at you local supplies and see if they will do pallet pricing for you it's not worth just having just one or two skids delivered to you. If your doing a small take out as I am then I can help with the cost factors. call me. Kevin
Old 11-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/pallet_shipping.htm
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Tinybud
Take a breath!

You got Humphrey Charcoal here in central PA, its right off I-80 in Brookeville, PA.
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

The reason I am looking for skids is my location. I am essentially in the middle of nowhere. Closest major city is just under an hour. The only place locally that sells charcoal carries only Cowboy lump and I am not a fan. I am hoping to perhaps lay in a decent supply to keep the cost down and perhaps even re-sell in the spring/summer season.

Kevin - I'll give you a call later this week to discuss. Tinybud - thanks for the tip.

cheers,
Frank
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote