High Plains Lockdown Freezer Dive - Indian (Pt 3 of X?) w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Oh, look! A couple of packs of chicken thighs in the freezer!

Chicken Tikka Vindaloo time!

Whipped up a batch of:

Tikka Marinade
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chicken-tikka-109308
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin (toasted, if you can)
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander (toasted, if you can)
- 1-2 Tbsp minced garlic from a jar
- 1-1.5 Tbsp minced ginger from a jar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala (It's worth it to get good quality or grind your own)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Glug or two of oil (EVOO, Avocado, Vegetable... whatever you have handy)

Onto the kettle with the Vortex!

E8liVMVl.jpg

ixD0Rnql.jpg

Ran out of curry paste, so I had to check to Mr. Patak's Vindaloo sauce... w/ some fresh garlic, ginger, and onion sautƩed in ghee before the party began. Added in some par-boiled potato bits and chopped chicken tikka.

9Lg2SXCl.jpg

CINCHOUSE got crazy and whipped up some Palak Paneer in the Instant Pot. Wow. The texture may be a turn-off to some, but the flavors are ridiculously good.

Pee7ryEl.jpg

Broke out the cucumber, onion, fresh mint / cilantro, and yogurt for Raita

BossLady even made garlic rice (with freshly sliced garlic)! - mind the free-range cucumber bit in the top-right corner!

SK5X61rl.jpg

Y'all hunker down, be safe, and look after your loved ones.
:pray:

I know I say it all the time, but I really like how y'all get down! Always interesting, varied and farkin delicious.

Have you ever had tindaloo? I got schooled on it in the UK. From what I've seen, it's never on the menu so you gotta ask for it and apparently it's only available in Balti houses. Anyway - like vindaloo but much hotter. The waiter will look at you and go "are you sure?" :laugh:

Do you like the Patak's? We have a good amt. of SE Asian restaurants and markets around here and I'm guessing they carry that and other ones as well.

Nicely done, Marc and I hope y'all are good over there!

Another top notch cook. Your meals always make me want to dive in. Very nice!

Have you ever had tindaloo? I got schooled on it in the UK. From what I've seen, it's never on the menu so you gotta ask for it and apparently it's only available in Balti houses. Anyway - like vindaloo but much hotter.

Do you like the Patak's?

Cheers, Greg! We do aim to please. :becky:

We, too, were schooled in the ways of British-Indian cuisine during our time in the UK. Big fan of Vindaloo or even a Phall. We've never had a Tindaloo, though my very brief Interwebs research leads me to believe the the Phall and the Tindaloo are closely related.

After some schooling from the village curry-nuts / chili-heads in East Cambridgeshire, I really prefer to make my own sauce vs. purchasing one from the store. Thus, I'd much rather buy the Mr. Patak's Curry Paste(s), fresh ginger, garlic, diced fire roasted 'maters, etc... BUT.. in a pinch (like today's lockdown), the premade "simmering sauce" will work... especially with some tweaks and additional spices.

Best to you and the family out west.

Marc,

Can you just feed me for one week? Gosh you are innovative as all get out! Another beautiful cook. Great plate sir!

Thanks,
Greg

Back