New Humphrey"s Mini Tank II

mgp03051

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well it was a balmy 10 degrees and sunny today here in lovely Hudson NH so I decided what the hay I'll season and break in the new Humphrey's Smokers GF Mini tank II. The cooker was a sold 6 degrees inside the cook chamber and the Pam spray froze on contact it was kind of nice though I could see the spots I missed.. I loaded the charcoal shoot and to my surprise this thing swallowed a whole 20lb bag of Frontier Charcoal Lump!! Wow! I got half way threw the bag and checked to make sure I had the fire grate in there. I setup the Guru 225 degrees lit my fire after 5 min closed the hopper door and the fire door turned on my Guru and 90 minutes later The Mini Tank Ii was cruising at 225.the tank has been running since noon and it is 10 pm now and I still have half the load of charcoal and the temp has dropped to 2 we are expecting -5 tonight Now its time to play Beat the Blizzard with an over night Pastrami cook!

Attachments

• DSC_7444.jpg
    DSC_7444.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC_7463.jpg
    DSC_7463.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC_7458.jpg
    DSC_7458.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_7453.jpg
    DSC_7453.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_7452.jpg
    DSC_7452.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC_7451.jpg
    DSC_7451.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_7450.jpg
    DSC_7450.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_7449.jpg
    DSC_7449.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_7445.jpg
    DSC_7445.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Are these basically their normal cabinet smoker converted to gravity fed or are they a new design?

Yeah I love their new GF models they are pretty bad to the bone. Awesome color by the way!

Are these basically their normal cabinet smoker converted to gravity fed or are they a new design?

THe Mini Tank Models are based on the Battle box and the Pint ..The Mini Tank II which I have Has the same size cooking chamber as their Pint model..

Well here is the run down .. I lit the Mini tank at noontime yesterday seasoned and ran it at 225 until 9pm it used less then half the load of fuel I added about 5 more pounds of lump, briquettes mixed I had left over bumped her down to 200 . at 10 pm I put in 2 Mojobrick Qubes in the ash pan lit the corner of one, and the Pastrami went in and I went to bed got up at 8 and the Mini tank was still chugging along!! The pastrami looks awesome!!! This thing ran 20 hrs on 25 pounds or fuel that's pretty awesome for the outside temps not being over 10 degrees and as low as -3 ..

Attachments

• DSC_7465.jpg
    DSC_7465.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_7455.jpg
    DSC_7455.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 286
Awesome Pastrami and i love that gravity fed cooker...

Humphrey's has set a new benchmark...

Well here is the run down .. I lit the Mini tank at noontime yesterday seasoned and ran it at 225 until 9pm it used less then half the load of fuel I added about 5 more pounds of lump, briquettes mixed I had left over bumped her down to 200 . at 10 pm I put in 2 Mojobrick Qubes in the ash pan lit the corner of one, and the Pastrami went in and I went to bed got up at 8 and the Mini tank was still chugging along!! The pastrami looks awesome!!! This thing ran 20 hrs on 25 pounds or fuel that's pretty awesome for the outside temps not being over 10 degrees and as low as -3 ..

Did you use a BBQ guru or anything overnight with it? It is a beautiful cooker, I didn't realize Humphreys made a gravity feed.

Did you use a BBQ guru or anything overnight with it? It is a beautiful cooker, I didn't realize Humphreys made a gravity feed.
I ran a CyberQ Wifi with a 10cfm Fan. This is one of the first Min Tanks II they have built they currently offer 7 different size Gravity Feed Smokers!!

Back