• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fri Night Ribeyes on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last night was a hoot. Our Purple Witch was nearly more excited about handing out candy to the bigger kids than she was about collecting her own!

BMngc9fl.jpg

This afternoon, I stopped by the Commissary and picked up a couple of ribeyes and a couple of russet potatoes.

The potatoes got a good wash, a firm stabbing with a fork, a coating of oil, then salt, pepper, and garlic powder before spending time in a 350F oven - all a la Alton Brown (except the garlic powder... I added that),

The steaks soon had a 50/50 coating of KCMike's Oak Ridge Carne Crosta & Santa Maria. They joined the Vortex in the kettle.

xq4ZZJal.jpg

Soon, it was time for the sear.

YxqkdU6l.jpg

CINCHOUSE reheated some homemade Spanikopita and added it to the party. - OOPS... should've flipped the steaks for the photos... wonderful medium-rare.

L3oeAXyh.jpg

A HUGE thanks to WazzuFan for the continued enjoyment of this thoroughly delicious steak sauce!

R9Xz5J7h.jpg

Time to fire up a family movie on the telly and settle in for the night.

Kind regards and thin blue from our house to yours.

What a sweetheart!! She's the cutest witch I've ever seen. :grin:

Everything looks fantastic Shadow. Have a great evening!

I've got a little girl a bit older but she is like your daughter, would rather give candy than receive.... Those ribeyes look fantastic. Homemade Spanikoptita??? You are my kind of cook!!

Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

That's the BossLady's area. She's a whiz with all things pastry, bread, and the like.

I have to laugh... My wife is 1st generation Greek. I have to hand it to the Greeks, before I tried the food I had no idea how good it is. I'm also amazed about how few spices and "enhancements" they use. I think 99% of our food consists of olive oil, lemon juice and Greek oregano... it's our cure all seasoning. I truly enjoyed your post! Btw, I hope your bride is making Baklava for you!

Thanks,
Greg

Steaks look delicious - I like you didn’t oversear them like I do sometimes :icon_blush:

Adorable kid too :clap:

Marc, looks killer and my mouth is watering. I am in Cali tonight and had in and out burger. Be thankful my friend!!!

I've been using that same seasoning combo. I nailed the carne crosta once and it was the most amazing thing ever...but that 50/50 is insanely good, time after time.

I knew when I opened this thread that it would be amazing, but it turned out to be insanely cute, then amazing. You are truly blessed, my friend. Those steaks looked awesome!

I've been using that same seasoning combo. I nailed the carne crosta once and it was the most amazing thing ever...but that 50/50 is insanely good, time after time.

I'm not sure what it is.... I really love the Carne Crosta by itself... (and same same with the Santa Maria), but when I put 'em together, something quite magical happens.

Appreciate the kind words. Our kid has a huge heart and wears it on her sleeve (like most 3.5 yr olds).

Looks amazing, and your family is adorable. I love Carne Crosta and Santa Maria. Carne Crosta is my absolute favorite on a steak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man - I just had an excellent meal cooked by my young 'un - his first smoked shorties, plus sauteed brussels sprouts and corn with some awesome sliced tomatoes - it was fantastic & made me very proud - but I'm still jealous! :shocked: How'd you do that? :noidea: (My theory is that the meat & taters will always get me and the spanikopita is the sneak attack that put it waaay over the top! :clap2:)

Great stuff all around, Marc - loving every bit of this!

Back