It still came out looking great, I know the disapointment of a project not being exactly like you wanted it, but its still something to be proud of. Heck those powder coaters were proably long horn fans anyways.

Just a update. they came and picked this back up last Friday and say it will be two weeks for them to fix it and make everything right....I just couldn't live with it like this......we shall see if they get it right or if it comes back with cowboy colors and a star on it :doh:

Man you got some great fab skills. I am glad you sent it back to them. You put all that hard work in that bad boy and have a perfect vision. They need to meet your expectations.

Look forward to seeing the re paint.

Nice job for sure.
Rick

That is one heck of a smoker,great fab job.I wish I could get one in burnt orange!:boxing:Your dad will love that one for sure.

I would have them pay for the material and time if they cannot get the PC out from the inside. Then have them do the next one for free.

they will get it out, they are sand blasting the whole thing and taking it down to metal again. :boxing:
and they will never touch another one of my smokers, that is for sure.
I would have them pay for the material and time if they cannot get the PC out from the inside. Then have them do the next one for free.

they will get it out, they are sand blasting the whole thing and taking it down to metal again. :boxing:
and they will never touch another one of my smokers, that is for sure.

got14u,

Sounds like they are trying to keep your business. I, as well as others here I'm sure, have been in the fabrication business and especially in a job shop type of business things can go screwy and you need to "fix it". It will definitely cost you time and money to do so but I'd personally rather deal with someone that is willing to admit and fix their mistake, at their own cost, than someone that would just say "oh, well - sue me." It us usually not worth the time, effort, and aggravation for most people to do it and companies know it. A good reputation cannot be bought, but it must be worked on constantly and consistently.

While I don't know the details of your agreement over how your pit was to be painted it sounds like there may have been details that were not covered in what you wanted. It may have been that you assumed that they would understand that you NEVER paint the interior of a pit but if they have never done one before they may not have been aware and to them most parts are completely painted to protect the metal.

I think they are trying to do right by you, I know it has been upsetting for you but try to put yourself in their shoes and what would you do to keep your business. Sounds like they are trying. Personally I'd give them a second chance if they get the redo right.

Just my .02.

Blessings,

brotherbd

You have a good point, but with all this being written on the work order to begin with it is amazing to me how many problems I had. Not to mention having to get a stencil twice for the OU because it wasn't what they wanted (they should have got the stencil themselves instead of sending a customer to get it), losing pieces for the hinges, being rude, taking 2 weeks longer then they said. It is a problem with their communication amongst employees that is causing them these kind of mistakes...making it right or not I would not use them again.
got14u,

Sounds like they are trying to keep your business. I, as well as others here I'm sure, have been in the fabrication business and especially in a job shop type of business things can go screwy and you need to "fix it". It will definitely cost you time and money to do so but I'd personally rather deal with someone that is willing to admit and fix their mistake, at their own cost, than someone that would just say "oh, well - sue me." It us usually not worth the time, effort, and aggravation for most people to do it and companies know it. A good reputation cannot be bought, but it must be worked on constantly and consistently.

While I don't know the details of your agreement over how your pit was to be painted it sounds like there may have been details that were not covered in what you wanted. It may have been that you assumed that they would understand that you NEVER paint the interior of a pit but if they have never done one before they may not have been aware and to them most parts are completely painted to protect the metal.

I think they are trying to do right by you, I know it has been upsetting for you but try to put yourself in their shoes and what would you do to keep your business. Sounds like they are trying. Personally I'd give them a second chance if they get the redo right.

Just my .02.

Blessings,

brotherbd

I had no idea all the other junk they put you through.:tsk: I'm all over on your side in this case.:thumb: I might even be inclined to report them to the BBB just to help someone else from having to go through the same headache.:typing: Sounds like most of the bending over backward was on your part, you might just may have them running a little scared now realizing how badly they messed up. :shock:

Blessings,

brotherbd

You have a good point, but with all this being written on the work order to begin with it is amazing to me how many problems I had. Not to mention having to get a stencil twice for the OU because it wasn't what they wanted (they should have got the stencil themselves instead of sending a customer to get it), losing pieces for the hinges, being rude, taking 2 weeks longer then they said. It is a problem with their communication amongst employees that is causing them these kind of mistakes...making it right or not I would not use them again.

You have one lucky dad. Looks incredible. I'm really looking forward to pics of that thing in operation.
OH!! Since you are willing to make such a project for family and nobody has called it, I have dibs: If you need an extra brother, I can be had. Heck, you don't even need to powder coat mine.

Ok a long over do update, after a hell-ashiss experience with the powder coater in oklahoma city we finally got this one finished. It has been done a couple months ago and is working great the functionality and durability is bar-none. It's air tight and easy to control...here are the pics for all of ya....I should be here more often now-a-days...thanks for looking and it's good to be back

434.jpg

435.jpg

436.jpg

the powder coating a lone will make this thing last forever!

GO OU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is purty... the only problem is that you have an OU on it rather than a big block R. :)

Do not forget the Longhorn Emblem, it would make it complete and worth something.

Back