Ordering Butchers Paper

I saw that line but then you read under the peach paper and it says it is treated with sizing so it contradicts itself. I've searched all over and can't find anything that says sizing is safe for food under heat conditions in say a smoker.

Butcher paper is approved by the USDA as being food safe. Red or white, it doesn't matter. Did you see in Pitmaster T's latest brisket video that he was using white BP?

Butcher paper is approved by the USDA as being food safe. Red or white, it doesn't matter. Did you see in Pitmaster T's latest brisket video that he was using white BP?

I understand that but I read this as its butchers paper that's been coated with sizing to help retain moisture. I'm trying to find out if sizing holds up under heat and make sure it isn't off gassing some harmful chemical as it breaks down. Everything I've seen says butchers paper should be all natural and in my head if its been treated its no longer all natural. I'm sure its fine just trying to get a definite answer that sizing won't contaminate food under heat.

I saw that line but then you read under the peach paper and it says it is treated with sizing so it contradicts itself. I've searched all over and can't find anything that says sizing is safe for food under heat conditions in say a smoker.

Then don't buy the peach paper, just buy a roll of the 24" white butcher paper and be done with it.

Then don't buy the peach paper, just buy a roll of the 24" white butcher paper and be done with it.

I appologize for asking my question. Didn't mean to frustrate some people just new to this and trying to figure it out with the knowledge here. I'm a man who likes to know how things work and occasionally I over think things and upsets some people because I won't just go with the flow and just assume it works because it does. Thank you all who tried to help and sorry if my questions were annoying.

I appologize for asking my question. Didn't mean to frustrate some people just new to this and trying to figure it out with the knowledge here. I'm a man who likes to know how things work and occasionally I over think things and upsets some people because I won't just go with the flow and just assume it works because it does. Thank you all who tried to help and sorry if my questions were annoying.

It's not that the question is annoying and you don't need to apologize for asking it. I'm just saying that there is a clear answer if you read what was highlighted in red. I'm just not sure why the question is being re-asked so many different ways is all.

Did my first butcher paper brisket this weekend and it turned out killer. Not sure I can go back to foil now. Great bark and perfect texture.

u5emyby9.jpg

I finally got a roll of 18" red 40# paper, but boy it was a lot of work. Restaurant Depot does not carry it here.

If you get a roll from the POS site (where I got mine) get the stand for it. Makes it very easy to dispense one handed. I got the 24" and it's a perfect width for a packer.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I get mine from a local butcher shop.
I buy a good bit of meat from him, so sometimes the paper's free.
Same with butcher twine. I could get it at a local restaurant supply place, but free is hard to beat.

Would this be suitable for smoking?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NG8PEU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00"]Boardwalk Paper KFT2440765 765 Foot Length x 24 Inch Width, Brown Kraft Paper Roll: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

It states the following: Kraft papers are USDA/FDA approved for use in food industries.

Back