• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Easter Dinner with Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For the first time in a very long time we didn't go to or have relatives over for Easter Dinner. Well that is not exactly true. Sharon and I had adopted relatives instead. That means a Tricia and Friends.

Tricia adopted us when we rescued two of her dogs about a year ago. She was almost down for the count when Jara and Diamond escaped. This story is too long to go into here so we had six people and five dogs present for dinner.

I decided to do a Prime Rib Roast of Pork. Found exactly what I wanted but it was in two pieces. No big deal, I tied them together. Here it is going on the WSM.

Roast-on.jpg

After 3.5 hours it was done, golden brown. Except it was three hours too early. That' another story too.

Done.jpg

I double foiled.

Foiled.jpg

Then into a towel and a transfer to the Microwave, I don't have a cooler and this works very well if you do not turn it on!

Wrapped.jpg

Finally, it's time to eat! Tying them together worked well except the darn butcher had not cut the bones. What the *&%^ is wrong with him?

Well we dug out my cleaver, yes the very same one that I have on the cover of my Cook Book http://www.chef-jim.com A plug never hurts.:grin:

Nice sized Chops and the Smoke Ring is OK

Plated.jpg

Then on to the table.

Table.jpg

Meanwhile the dogs are restless, all the good stuff and it's out of reach. You can see Leo here but his color is black, you have to look hard.

Leo is the newest rescue that Tricia has adopted and is Bingo's new boyfriend.

Bingo-amp-Leo.jpg

Penny and Jara right next to me and then Bingo is under my feet.
Penny-amp-Jara.jpg

Bingo.jpg

The dinner was perfect, good friends with lots of dogs. Here are all five sort of lined up. Left to right, Diamond, Jara, Leo, Penny sort of hiding behind Leo, ane of course Bingo!

All-Five.jpg

One other pic, Leo does not like asparagus. And some stats about him. He is about 18 months old. When he was found he was nothing but skin and bones, abused and neglected. Since then He was given medical treatment and a lot of TLC. Since Tricia got him three weeks ago he has fattened up even more. Very lucky dog.

Leo-amp-Asparagus.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Great post there Jim! That roast looks mighty fine as well:clap:.

Back