PartyQ Temp Controller

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

So, who has used the new PartyQ?

What are your thoughts? Did it perform up to your expectations?

What did you use it on?

Thanks,

Eric

Nice review, hogsfan! You laid out the pros and cons very nicely. I understand where the strengths are in using this for short, daytime cooks. Great job! :thumb:

I read the review, thanks.

Quick question, are you able to change the batteries while the PartyQ is attached to the smoker?

Thanks again!

Eric

I read the review, thanks.

Quick question, are you able to change the batteries while the PartyQ is attached to the smoker?

Thanks again!

Eric

Well, I use a dedicated adapter port. It pops in and out so easy there is really no reason to leave it there to change the batteries. I don't think it would be convenient to change the batteries without the port but it could be done if you turned it upside down and didn't have the locking screw in place...but to be honest, I don't think the PartyQ would work very well at all without the port. If I had to only install the guru before I fired up the grill and could only uninstall it after the grill cooled down, I don't think I would use it. Plus, I think I read somewhere in the paper work where they said that parts will melt if you leave it in a hot cooker with the PartyQ turned off.

Have you had any luck with the open door feature on the unit? Is it working or has it continued to give problems? I am thinking of buying one but would be interested to know if that feature works.

Have you had any luck with the open door feature on the unit? Is it working or has it continued to give problems? I am thinking of buying one but would be interested to know if that feature works.

No. It's about the same. It's not that big of a deal though. Truthfully, I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker. You can always turn it off or take it out if you need to keep the lid open for more than a few seconds.

To me, the big deal is how often you want to cook overnight. If most of your cooks are during the day and you only do an overnighter once every blue moon, then none of the issues I mentioned are going to bother you and the convenience of the PartyQ is going to be awesome. Also, if you've never owned a more expensive controller, you are not going to miss the features they have to offer.

Hope that makes sense.

You may want to check out PitmasterIQ, I have two and prefer them over my Guru DigiQ. They have a variable speed fan, which works great. No frills, but they get the job done!

Well, I use a dedicated adapter port. It pops in and out so easy there is really no reason to leave it there to change the batteries.

What is this dedicated adapter port you speak of? Can you provide links or something where i can buy one. I have rechargable batteries, but im looking for a way to plug in the party q on long cooks.

Back