Kentucky State BBQ Festival - out of control

KentuckyLandSales

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What started out as a 'I don't care if just me and you show up' has gotten out of control.

Not a competition (although there will be a people's choice) - this is an EATING event - similar to Big Apple Block Party - sort of.

Very cool stuff going to be there - and happening. the flyer is here - http://KYBBQFestival.com/

If you can make it, let us know - and LIKE us on Facebook.

Moe Cason
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
Carey Bringle
Craig Kimmel
Melissa Cookston
Shelly Hunt
Tim Farmer
KY Bourbon Barrel Ale
and a bunch of others - cooking for you.

Geez, i would have thought that the only World Champion in BBQ, Chad 'Podge' Hayden who is from Kentucky would be there... Or Shad Kirton who actually won Pitmasters?

Geez, i would have thought that the only World Champion in BBQ, Chad 'Podge' Hayden who is from Kentucky would be there... Or Shad Kirton who actually won Pitmasters?

Called KY BBQ festival but bringing in all out of state talent.....doesn't make sense to me. I'm with you Scottie, there's no one bigger in KY BBQ than Podge!

Wow Turtle Man going to be there!!!!!! Many years ago I use to live in Danville.

One of the funniest things I've seen at a BBQ comp after awards at Munfordville KY last year. 2 judges telling (this no name guy with no banners or anything) that he ought to take a judging class so he could figure out what the judges liked.:laugh: If they only knew who they were talking to they would have sh!t. Podge your my hero!!:thumb:

Last edited:
I agree Scottie, you would have thought the Jack Daniels Champ for KY would have been there. Or like you said, the guy that won Pitmasters not all the runner ups.

I was offered the opprotunity, but since I do not have the capacity to vend, I declined. I'm planning on visiting anyway.

I was offered the opprotunity, but since I do not have the capacity to vend, I declined. I'm planning on visiting anyway.

I was thinking more of you being in a Jim Beam throne, cape and crown (it being KY and all ) with a glass walled Ez-Up.... and all your adoring fans chanting, "Long live the King'....

I was thinking more of you being in a Jim Beam throne, cape and crown (it being KY and all ) with a glass walled Ez-Up.... and all your adoring fans chanting, "Long live the King'....

I'm picturing this being pulled behind a John Deere. Call it the "Podge Mobile."

Back