Anyone ever win all four KCBS categories?

I suppose I could find a way to search this out, but has anyone every won first in every category at a KCBS competition?

Yes.

Will look it up later if needed.
Rare and was done last year, best I can remember.

And, Kevin (Home BBQ) has the only Clean Sweep in the FBA if I remember correctly.

And, Chad and I had many Clean Sweeps----but then I woke up :oops:

TIM

Yes.

Will look it up later if needed.
Rare and was done last year, best I can remember.

And, Kevin (Home BBQ) has the only Clean Sweep in the FBA if I remember correctly.

And, Chad and I had many Clean Sweeps----but then I woke up :oops:

TIM

Man, that is impressive. Thanks for the info. No need to look it up.

We actually would have had four calls at Liberty, MO in 2005. However, they only called top 10. We were 7th Chicken, 3rd Ribs, 9th Pork, and 1st Brisket. Our only KCBS RGC. I think there was about 28 teams that year. However, it was only sanctioned about a week before the contest was held. The following year had 56 teams, mostly KCBS circuit teams. GreatGrills won the next year.

We actually would have had four calls at Liberty, MO in 2005. However, they only called top 10. We were 7th Chicken, 3rd Ribs, 9th Pork, and 1st Brisket. Our only KCBS RGC. I think there was about 28 teams that year. However, it was only sanctioned about a week before the contest was held. The following year had 56 teams, mostly KCBS circuit teams. GreatGrills won the next year.
hes looking for info on winning 4 FIRST place finishes not just 4 calls

Getting 4 calls is outstanding.

I am really impressed by the number of calls the Brethren get at these events and can't wait until I get to go to a competition to see just what goes on and meet my fellow brethren.

The New Hampshire State, Lake Placid, and Harpoon in Vermont competitions are very close, so I am already planning on how to make at least two of them.

Getting 4 calls is outstanding.

I am really impressed by the number of calls the Brethren get at these events and can't wait until I get to go to a competition to see just what goes on and meet my fellow brethren.

The New Hampshire State, Lake Placid, and Harpoon in Vermont competitions are very close, so I am already planning on how to make at least two of them.

Harpoon is a must. I'll be in the judging tent on that one.
Lakeside Smokers will be in NH, come bye and have a beer!

Mike

No, nobody has ever won all four categories in a KCBS sanctioned event.

Tim, it may have been done, but not in a KCBS event. In fact, at one time a contest was trying to get Lloyds to insure an event for a $1,000,000 prize should it happen at their event, like hole-in-one insurance. When it came down to it, I think it was decided that there was too much risk of tampering.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but I'm about 99% sure it wasn't a KCBS event.

Rod

Tim, it may have been done, but not in a KCBS event. In fact, at one time a contest was trying to get Lloyds to insure an event for a $1,000,000 prize should it happen at their event, like hole-in-one insurance. When it came down to it, I think it was decided that there was too much risk of tampering.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but I'm about 99% sure it wasn't a KCBS event.

Rod

We won 3 firsts and a second last year in Rhode Island. Stupid Chicken !!!

Rod

Rod--I bet you are right. :oops:

My mind is locked in on an event, maybe in CO, maybe Cabella's or something like that. I even remember a pic of the 4 matching trophies, one for each meat and the GC to top it off.

Probably something sanctioned by someone else.

Probably just "OldZiemers" setting in. :oops:

Thanks,

TIM

This is the most amazing overall result I have seen, Johnny Trigg in Lawrenceburg TN in 2003,

2nd Chicken (178 )
3rd Ribs (178 )
1st Pork (180)
1st Brisket (180)

GC (717.71)

Back