A Rib Question

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
As I was driving to work this morning a thought came to me... does anyone cut their ribs into individual bones before you smoke them? Seems crazy, but I was thinking you would get more rub on the surface, but I think it might lead to them getting dried out.

So - anyone ever done it??

Yup they will dry out long before there tender. I have seen people steam them then dry rub and grill them quick but not steam and smoke. Iwould have to say they would lose some flavor by steaming but I ain't to sure I've never tried it.

The only way I had these was grilled in Spain. The (spare) ribs were cut in pairs and cooked direct for about 10 minutes total. They were tender enough, not dry, and very tasty. Pork there has a lot more marbling than what we get here, so I don't know how well it would translate. You should also consider that there isn't a whole lot of difference between a BB rib and a pork chop. :wink:

I remember a thread from several months ago about a technique of cutting the ribs individually and making a "mountain of ribs" with good results.

Thanks for the responses guys - it's funny what runs through your head as you are driving...
That's a good video Bryan -thanks for posting - think I may give that a try some time for something differrent.

I watched the video without the sound turned on....could still hear that dude's voice in my head. ummmmmm...mmmmmmm

Back