Stoker or Guru?

Smokin' Hicks

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
For Competitions, what is your choice, I'm just curious.....how many use the Stoker and how many use the BBQ Guru?

Stoker... We use it to control 3 pits. No problem, and very easy to use.

Guru!!!! I have 4 of them and take ALL 4 to comps and I only cook on two pits at comps!! :thumb:

Stoker Here...love the thing, will contol multipul pits and as many meat probes as you can afford. Runs my stumps like an oven, very consistant temps

Stoker here also. It has a ton of expandability, and is awesome when it's working smoothly. The only downside I've seen is their customer service at times has sucked......and to get it setup the first time my "IT" guy did it, but I was lost. (nice to have an IT guy on the team) We now have a dedicated router that has velcro to connect it to the stoker, and a very old Dell laptop that is the dedicated BBQ computer to run the Stoker and for Excel time spreadsheets.

I love my 2 guru's..great controllers and even better service. When I first started looking Guru answered my questions and were super helpfull! ?Stoker didnt even bother to call me back after several attempts so I gave up. Service means alot to me and Guru provided it and more.

Go with a guru..

Guru

I never want to have all my smokers dependent on one gizmo, so the fact that you can run more smokers off of the Stoker is not a plus for me. I love the gurus simplicity and the quality of the service. I have several, and always use them at comps. They are great.

Brett

Neither....looked at all the options and I have been using the ique110, for 135 bucks it is a great deal !!!

Stoker - Have 2 but only running pits off of one and keeping the other as a backup. Need to order a backup fan too.

We used a Guru for the first time at Pork in the Park Salisbury MD, ran the backwoods all night and never missed a temp. Guru makes champions! hahahah

Had a Stoker but the service sucked. work good when it worked problems with muti fans!

Stoker here. We have two and haven't had any problems. I can run up to 3 fans, 4 pit probes and 4 meat probes off one unit.

BTW- They've recently added staff and we have had no problems with the service at all.

Back