Contest Announcment New comp in Wisconsin?

D

dswfondy

Ok guys and gals! If I was to run a sanctioned contest in september, 10th and 11th who would be game? it would be on Fond du lac.

With our restaurant up and running now, we are eager to get back into doing comps, but thinking about running once this year instead. Let me know how many of you might be interested, we have some big sponsors that will jump on board if we go ahead. we have a good location, with elec and water. Gotta get all my paperwork in, in a few weeks. Just need to know approx how many would be avail to cook and want to cook, i know there is one week before and after in milwaukee

Dace

I would try to support any sanctioned comp here in Wi.Heres one thing to consider.You would be putting yourself smack dab in the middle of a 5 week stretch here in Wi.I am wondering even with some new teams appearing how diluted the pool will be for the last few? I am in no way trying to discourage you but just food for thought. As I said we most likely would be there.

We're already committed to a competition in Michigan that weekend (I picked up an entry at the KCBS banquet).

I am open to changing the date to any weekend in august or septmeber that would be the best for the most people that would like to come, just post what works for all of you and i will work it out. i think that there is two weeks in sept open and two in august, any of those two will work for my venue

dace

Ok we have the ok with our venue for these dates sept 10 & 11, Aug. 6 & 7,
and Aug 13 & 14

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have my calender handy but I thought there was something posted in the Kingsford Charcoal comp series on Aug 6-7 at Fair Park ?

Coz, I am not sure if that is a KCBS contest or not? I want ot say that is them just going there for promotional stuff. Like they do at Summerfest, where they go just for promotional stuff...

I agree about the diluting the contests. I don't think there are enough cooks in WI for it to support that many contest in consecutive weeks in a row... Most folks do 2 or 3 contests a year.

hopefully w will get some interest, this would be a great central location for a comp. I am thinking that GC would be around $1,500 with total payout around $10,000. Plus prizes and trophy's. Teams from IL, WI you commit and i will give you a great comp!! All spots will be grass.

Dace

Hey Dace putting that much money up for grabs certainly makes it appealing. For me, it would partially depend on where it was held. The comps that I really enjoy, are the ones that offer unique scenery along with the friendly competition. I know their are some great spots there on lake Winnebago that would make for perfect competition grounds. BTW I was at your restaurant last year and enjoyed your food. Your cheesy mac & corn rocks! Pete G.

Ok we have the ok with our venue for these dates sept 10 & 11, Aug. 6 & 7,
and Aug 10 &11

I dont have my calender handy but I thought there was something posted in the Kingsford Charcoal comp series on Aug 6-7 at Fair Park ?

If you look at the latest list of Kingsford comps that one has been removed. I checked with KCBS and they have no info on a competition at Fair Park that weekend.

Also, Dace, August 10&11 is mid-week. Do you mean 13 & 14? If so there is a big $$ competition in Michigan that weekend that may steal teams.

the venue i have now, is the fond du lac county fairgrounds. We have looked into lakeside park here in fond du lac, but the county is much more open to this type of event then the city parks department. plus alot of area there, bathrooms, granstand area. lots of large and smaller bulidings that can be used without renting tents for judges, things like that.

also u are correct Ron , should be 13,14th thanks

Oh yes not to mention there is 18 seperate camper hook ups there, elec water and sewer, like 200 feet away from contest area

here is map of location

Contest would be located in grassy area to the east of the "Q" which is the grandstands.

Attachments

• 8_5 x 11 Fairgrounds[1].pdf
    940.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Also!! This event will be a state championship event, talked with the gov. office today!

Just got to get a name, and a few other things in stone.

the venue i have now, is the fond du lac county fairgrounds. We have looked into lakeside park here in fond du lac, but the county is much more open to this type of event then the city parks department. plus alot of area there, bathrooms, granstand area. lots of large and smaller bulidings that can be used without renting tents for judges, things like that.

also u are correct Ron , should be 13,14th thanks

Oh yes not to mention there is 18 seperate camper hook ups there, elec water and sewer, like 200 feet away from contest area

13 and 14th? am I mistaken? this is a Monday/Tuesday?

Contest will be September 10 & 11th, that is the date we have chosen.

The 13th and 14th was for a date in august, that wont work.

sounds good to me. I am interested but would have to be a later arrival due to all of the other comps I am taking off for this year.

Back