Ideas for my first fatty.

K I N G P I N

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to make my first fatty this Sunday. My thoughts are to roll it in finely chopped jalapenos then cover with Kingpins fairy Dust. What are your thoughts on this.

Also I want to make a meat loaf on Saturday for during the week. Ground beef and sweet italian sausage, with the rest of what I put in my loaf.

I am going to do the 3-2-1 method on both.

What's your opinions??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The last one I did, I also included some Pepper Jack cheese and boy was it a hit!!! You may try that along with your Peno's...

Jeff

The fatty sounds great... and I always do mine 3-2-1. I've done meatloaf a bunch and it usually only takes about 1 1/2 hours for me. I'd keep an eye on that one!!

I personally like my fattie's with the goodie's inside!!
Take your sausage and roll it out on some wax paper...

Layer with your favorite ingredient's...Roll and wrap in bacon (optional)

Smoke at 225-250* for 2 hr's until internal is 160*...

Slice and enjoy!!! :biggrin:

While I enjoy a stuffed fatty as much as the next guy, I think for your first fatty you should start out with a bare naked fatty for you first attempt, and once you have sampled the fatty's natural goodness then you can begin to enhance it with coatings, rollings and stuffings.

My family is partial to sauteed onions, cream cheese and a good rub sprinkled on the inside, rolled in turbinado to finish.

While I enjoy a stuffed fatty as much as the next guy, I think for your first fatty you should start out with a bare naked fatty for you first attempt, and once you have sampled the fatty's natural goodness then you can begin to enhance it with coatings, rollings and stuffings.
Qtalk....must....resist....:twisted:

I agree!!!

Are you guy's serious about a 3-2-1 on a fatty??? 6 hr's to cook a chub??

I know if sounds crazy... but I love 'em mo' better that way. The 1 is in the cooler BTW.

I appreciate the offer to keep it simple the first time. I wouldn't be me without going over the top.

KingPin dont listen...Stuff that mother with as much cheese and peppers as it will hold! :-D

I personally like my fattie's with the goodie's inside!! Smoke at 225-250* for 2 hr's until internal is 160*...
Man, I hate when I have to agree with Bubba...

My family's favorite is stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese and sautéed onions and garlic...

DSCF2102.jpg

Don't listen to these guy, you are a New Yorker right? Then stuff it with prosciutto /mozzarella

Don't listen to these guy, you are a New Yorker right? Then stuff it with prosciutto /mozzarella
You could always do what my daughter calls the 'Christmas Fatty'... Stuff it with mozzarella, red bell, and jalapeño peppers

You guys rock!!
Yes I am a New Yorker, but at 45 gotta watch the weight, so no cheese for me.

Thats for my 4th of July party.

Back