MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
afreemaniii
Full Fledged Farker

Default KCBS Member survey

Was anyone else excited to see an email link to a member survey from the KCBS only to be let down once you started filling it out?

I thought I might be able to provide information that would allow the KCBS to design programs to serve the members, but quickly found out it was merely a marketing survey for their partners. What a shame.

Gear:
1-BWS Party
1-22.5" WSM
Guru Pitminder and Stoker system
afreemaniii is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

I filled it out. I choose to believe that if they can convince the foil companies clorox wipes and all that we are a segment that they may be able to create additional programs to benefit us like the Resers, Kingsford, sams, etc.
At least they are asking.
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

It's a sponsorship that Sam's has with KCBS, and for them to get something out of that sponsorship, they gave this survey. Sam's just can't give give and give.
Podge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
afreemaniii
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
I filled it out. I choose to believe that if they can convince the foil companies clorox wipes and all that we are a segment that they may be able to create additional programs to benefit us like the Resers, Kingsford, sams, etc.
At least they are asking.
Good point. I got 10 minutes into it and gave up. I wasn't able to put the survey into this context after answering the 5th question about bbq sauces. I'll go back and complete the survey later with your goal in mind.

Gear:
1-BWS Party
1-22.5" WSM
Guru Pitminder and Stoker system
afreemaniii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

it is a long survey to be sure, but let's see what sam's can put together when they find out that most teams would rather not get their stuff there.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

One of the questions was about where you buy the sauce you use and it gave several options. My issue with it was that I order my comp sauce online and that wasnt one of the options and I couldnt go beyond that question unless I answered with one of their options.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

I won't answer demographic questions in survey's like that and since there was no way to opt out of those...............
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Warthog
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

I had no problem filling it out. Not sure if it was just for Sam's. I don't buy anything from Sam's. My favorite place to purchase meats is at Restaurant Depot.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
Leatherheadiowa
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge View Post
It's a sponsorship that Sam's has with KCBS, and for them to get something out of that sponsorship, they gave this survey. Sam's just can't give give and give.
I hope the " give give and give" was sarcasm. Sam's Club national and the Sam's Club local stores make out like bandits.
I have no problem with Sam's Club sponsoring the events but they aren't hurt in the least. WalMart Corporation has the 19th largest economy in the world when compared to all nations reporting, they can give, give, and give all they want.

I would like to see a member survey that allowed for more input into the dealings and workings of KCBS. I am putting a great deal of faith in the four new candidates to make graudual changes and I am realizing they are doing their best and things take time.
Leatherheadiowa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Quote:
As Sams and Walmart continue to force small businesses to close, They need to continue to give, give, give! I know alot of small business owners that use to do alot for their communities. I'm sure the evil twins make all that loss up though right.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Speaking solely for myself, and not for KCBS or the board...

Somebody please feel free to inform me how you have determined that this survey was done on behalf of Sam's or Wal Mart. As a member of the board that's information that I don't have. What I saw, and participated in was a survey that could help KCBS attract additional partners.

It's not the place of KCBS, to force a PARTNER to 'give, and give, and give'. Financially, they are giving quite a bit to BBQ. Beyond that they are giving a LOT of teams the opportunity to compete in a unique series. Their total investment is beyond sizeable when you look at the costs involved. I was in Midwest City for the first trial event before the series was rolled out the following year. I can tell you that there were executives there from Bentonville and they were seeking feedback from teams about what they could do to better serve them. Is there profit motive there? Absolutely! Is there a benefit to teams if they received some reasonable feedback? Absolutely!

Some of us may not agree on this issue, but Sam's/Wal Mart has been good to BBQ in my personal opinion. If you disagree then I'd love to see another example of anyone willing and able to fund a series that could come close to providing as much opportunity, to as many members, accross the entire country.

My .02, and my opinion only.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

"Financially, they are giving quite a bit to BBQ. Beyond that they are giving a LOT of teams the opportunity to compete in a unique series. Their total investment is beyond sizeable when you look at the costs involved."

Pretty much what I was trying to say. taking 10 minutes to fill out a survey for a chance to win $100 gift card seemed reasonable.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
"Financially, they are giving quite a bit to BBQ. Beyond that they are giving a LOT of teams the opportunity to compete in a unique series. Their total investment is beyond sizeable when you look at the costs involved."

Pretty much what I was trying to say. taking 10 minutes to fill out a survey for a chance to win $100 gift card seemed reasonable.
Quit typing, that Worthless Nut guy is going to show up at some point and want his Jambo wiped down. He may cry like a little girl if you have carpal tunnel syndrome and can't do it

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

Jorge, I have about 6 weeks to get that carpal tunnel under control until I need to wipe that Jambo down again !

Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
nukenight
On the road to being a farker

The problem with the survey was I had to use "Other" for most of my answers. Besides, we don't use Kingsford anything, so why would I want to buy something? They needed a None button on that window.
nukenight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcbs