Fast Brisket Question....Need Quick Reply Please!!

SLCMACK

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I put on a Brisket, about 6lbs, and its been cooking at 300 + or - a few degrees. I have the thermometer in and it was beeping at 165, which thats where I set the alarm. It had only been on for 2.5hrs. Does this sound right? I put a meat thermometer in and it verifyed the temp. I foiled it and it is now reading 177 degrees and total cook time has been almost 4hrs. Just wondering if all this sounds accurate. I foiled an put beef broth in the foil. Should I take it of the cooker at 200 degrees? And how long should I let rest before cutting? Should I unfoil and leave on the cooker any extra time. I think I put it fat side up in the foil. Thanks Brethren!!!!

I very much doubt that fat side up/down matters in foil.

It sounds right. And I would pay attention, cause once it comes out of the stall at 300F, it will climb fast. I use a probe method, it can be right through the foil if you want. I would take it out myself. It will be done soon I 300F.

I've never cooked one that hot but I know a lot of folks here do them hot and fast.
Once it gets to aout 200 probe it for tenderness - if it gives any resistance let it go a little longer. When you pull it throw it in a cooler for a couple of hours if you can stand to.

Start probing at 190 for done, make sure before you rest the Brisket to vent some heat energy first. Once probe tender, I pull off the smoker and leave the foil open till the Brisket temp is below 190. Briskets on the counter at this point. With hot and fast the Brisket will continue cooking for a long while in the foil thus leaving you with mush.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

When you do a fast cook that that, I would rest it a long time - maybe 2 hours - wrapped in a towel and placed in a cooler.

I very much doubt that fat side up/down matters in foil.

It sounds right. And I would pay attention, cause once it comes out of the stall at 300F, it will climb fast. I use a probe method, it can be right through the foil if you want. I would take it out myself. It will be done soon I 300F.

Shane .. are you using someones account? :laugh:

:cool:

Get outta my head Shane!

hmmm, what was I thinking, that is not even close to right. I mean more like 190F, geez.

brisket hot

we put ours on at 4:30 am at 300 on rack fat down,at 7:30 we pan ,add mop,cover , insert probe,looking for 203 in flat normaly done around 10:30 give or take half hour,,put on table and cover until 1:eek:o dennis

Back