MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Kosmo's Q Injections, Marinades and Rubs

Notices

Kosmo's Q Injections, Marinades and Rubs Kosmo is only made from the finest ingredients. Our injection enhances as well as moisturizes making for a remarkable finished product. Check out what’s new in the competitive world of BBQ

Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #31
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Just placed an order for a bag of chicken soak and pork soak. I keep finishing top 10 in chicken damn near every contest and just cant seem to break the top 5. Hope this helps me out a bit. Curious about the pork soak and see how it works with a rack or two of ribs as well.

Thanks,
Jason

Home made 5' reverse flow smoker
Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5
Weber Kettle 22 1/2" silver series
Weber Copper Smokey Joe Gold 14.5"
GPS trackable RED super fast thermopen

http://www.facebook.com/jtempleton2

FatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Gonna give the chicken soak a test drive next week on my smoked turkey... Question...should I use the same soak ratio/time per the instructions or tweak it a bit for turkey? Also...I plan to rub it up with some Dirty Bird as well and smoke it over apple... Should I use a little canola oil on the bird before applying the rub?
Thanks,
JD
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #33
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

I would use the same ratio that you use on your chicken but I would Soak for 12 to 24 hours depending on the size. I also air dry for atleast 6 hours in the frig. I then butter that baby up and hit it with Dirty Bird. I spin mine on the Weber Rotisserie so I also mix oinons,butter,rub and garlic and stuff inside that baby. Just me though. As far as the Chicken Soak Ratio some people mix it a little strong and some don't, I personally like it a little strong so Me and just Me I am going to mix it 2 Cups to a gallon of liquid. I am also going to add 2-3 bay leaves and some garlic cloves... You can make it how ever you like that is the beauty of the Soak.

This is how I like it.... Good luck brother and let me know if I can help you in any way!
Kosmo's Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #34
Dubs
Got Wood.

I purchased the sample pack and tried the Chicken Soak for a 4 pound fryer. Awesome! Some of the best chicken I have ever made. I am sold!
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #35
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

That's awesome Dub! Congrats on the chicken my friend.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #36
Dubs
Got Wood.

I purchased two more pounds. Having friends over today and can't wait to soak and hit it with some dirty bird.
Dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #37
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Dubs I hope you have a great party!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #38
smokinajs
Knows what a fatty is.

I tell ya guys... I tried some of this yesterday the first time with
Wings
thighs
Boneless Breast.

The flavor and moisture was OUTSTANDING.. I am getting more of this today for my weekend cook.. I have some left over but I want to make sure I have enough.

Thanks K for producing a great product.

SmokinAJ's BBQ Team
Buster Davis
Old 04-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #39
Kosmo's Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Buster, thank you! I agree Chicken Soak is truly awesome, and it's so easy to use.