MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Default A week of cooking pron

I've managed to do a fair amount of cooking over the last week & thought I'd share some pics:

Cooking for work pot lucks

-Wings two ways: SM Spicy Apple & Cherry Rub wings on left, Bart's Blazin Q glazed wings on the right

-a SM Peppered Cow rubbed brisket on the XL Egg (late in the cook-sorry no sliced pics as it disappeared after slicing & serving it a group of about 100 coworkers)

Cooking for our meals

-thin crust pepperoni & mushroom pizza on the Large Egg

-cedar planked trout on the Hasty Bake

-lamb loin chops on the Mini Egg

-beef back ribs

I had the day off from cooking today :)

Thanks for looking!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
BobM
Babbling Farker

Wow, nice looking food you made there!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

amazing... just amazing

Your pizza looked particularly spectacular. Could you be persuaded to share the dough recipe?
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
amazing... just amazing

Your pizza looked particularly spectacular. Could you be persuaded to share the dough recipe?
I wish I could tell you I had some great recipe but it really was store bought ready to bake pizza dough (specifically Safeway Select Garlic & Herb pizza dough).

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]

Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
Clayfish
Full Fledged Farker

That'll do it, I'm hungry now, great food!
22" WSM, 22" OTG, [COLOR=navy][B]Jumbo Joe[/B][/COLOR], WSJ, Mini WSM, WGA, Maverick ET-732, [COLOR=red][B]Red [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen and a twelve year old gasser which hasn't come out of the shed since I got a taste of charcoal!
Clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yessirrr!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice work John!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
tortaboy
is One Chatty Farker

Four Stars John!
tortaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Wow, that's a pretty solid week. Everything looks great.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Shooter1
Full Fledged Farker

You've been busy. It all looks fantastic but those lamb chops are calling to me. Very nice pictures.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

That's some good lookin' food there!
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

I thought that if you cooked shrimp for a week, they would turn out really rubbery. I had no idea they would look THAT good! What a transformation!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I thought that if you cooked shrimp for a week, they would turn out really rubbery. I had no idea they would look THAT good! What a transformation!
Perhaps you should try a week long cook sometime Gore! Your results may vary. ;)

Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #14
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnn, you been eatin' good.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Wowwwwyy wow wow.
That looks awesome.

What are those triangular pieces of meat?
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote