MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
TEC
Found some matches.

Default KCBS + Restaurant Depot = No admittance

I saw a thread a while ago that stated things were square again with KCBS members getting day passes at Restaurant Depot. So myself and my KCBS member holding buddy went tromping up to Restaurant Depot here in Atlanta this morning and we were told flatly that we would not be admitted. The lady behind the counter even showed us a hand written note on her computer monitor stating that no day passes were to be given to anyone. When I told her that their national marketing director issued a statement back in November saying that KCBS members were eligible for day passes she told us that her, nor her manager knew nothing about it.

So what is the deal with KCBS and Restaurant Depot?
TEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

ask poobah, i have a membership through my company so ive never tried my KCBS card
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Did your KCBS member holding buddy print out the information from the KCBS web site that tells the RD receptionist what to do to allow you access? That might have helped.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
MarleyMan
is one Smokin' Farker

Yes, you need the coupon from the KCBS site along with your ID card. It has the code, which when punched in the computer should show the associate what the number is associated with KCBS.

(It's the same number that is on the coupon)

Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
TEC
Found some matches.

Yes, I we had the coupon that was posted here and we were told that it was old, out of date and that they don't do that anymore.
TEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

They need to key in the number on the printout and all sorts of info pops up on screen for them, your KCBS member number is useless to them but the number on the KCBS printout is I believe their actual RD account number.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
MarleyMan
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
Yes, I we had the coupon that was posted here and we were told that it was old, out of date and that they don't do that anymore.

Is the number on the current coupon on www.kcbs.us the same as the coupon you have printed out currently?

I would double check and possibly call RD and have them notify your store that this indeed is valid. Good luck!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
NeoTrout
is One Chatty Farker

The coupon currently on KCBS site is the same as the old one.

Klose 20x48 Deluxe Offset Pipe Smoker
Weber 22.5, Weber 22.5 w/Rotisserie
Weber Performer, Weber Ranch Kettle, 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe, Weber Homer Simpson Smokey Joe
Bayou Classic Turkey Fryer, Blackstone 28" Griddle
Brinkmann Smoke'n Grill, UDS, Weber 26"
H-D FLHR
NeoTrout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

I went in a month or so ago with the coupon from the website and my KCBS card and was told it was a no-go - there was no longer a deal with RD and KCBS. She let me in anyway, probably because I'm so hot.

This took place after it was announced that things were square with KCBS and RD btw - she put in the code and everything, and got the message that the day pass deal was no longer in place. Does this mean RD needs to update its info with KCBS or does KCBS need to update its info with RD?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

I dont understand why they seem so eager to turn away business.If you even sort of meet the requirement to shop there, who cares. sell away.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

BTW, I went to the one in MN and I got the 3rd degree from the lady working the front desk and barely let me in. asking me if I knew who was in charge of the account and everything. It was like "sorry, I just want to spend 300 dollars today at your store"
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
themidniteryder
Knows what a fatty is.

I have a resellers cert and applied online. supposedly all I had to do was show up and get our cards. Last Sunday we went and were told that no, we had to apply in-store also. I had the KCBS coupon printed out and with me as a backup, and when I told the girl I didnt understand why I wasted my time applying online when I had to do it again in the store she cheerfully gave us a day pass without me even needing the KCBS info. I would print the coupon off the KCBS site and take it in. If they refuse, call KCBS while standing at the counter.

As a side note, after we got home I remembered RD had sent an email with my member number that I was supposed to take in, so the issue was my fault, not theirs. But we still got in and was able to get a smoking deal on a couple butts. 99 cents a lb!! I got to talking to the meat manager and told him I was looking for a good supplier as we are starting to cater, and soon compete. He knocked the price down on a twin pack to convince us to sample their product

Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
MaximumJEFF
Full Fledged Farker

I went to the one here in St. Louis two days ago and no problem

Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
Youngin'
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Bear

I consider myself to be very luck I see. I have never been rejected at the RD near my house. Walk in, get the pass, shop, and pay.
Youngin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

I have to admit that I cheated... I occassionally had trouble with the KCBS card so I filed for a tradename for a catering business and got my own card. Worked like a charm ever since.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
[COLOR=blue]Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Thermapen[/COLOR]
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote