Sams Club Regional @Medford

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
KCBS has just broken the news that the Sams Club Regional for Region 5 has been moved from Medford NY to Laurel MD. There is going to be some very unhappy Long Island Judges! They give the reason as the store will be in a major remodel.

makes my life easier.. No more choosing.... Now I can definitely go to the Royal!

Seems like a slap in the face to NY/NE, once again like there are not 25 Sams Clubs Closer...

For us, it's great news!! Should we qualify, it cuts our drive in half.

If we make it, it more than doubles our mileage, doubles our drive time and increases our gas cost by $150 bucks. KCBS is out of their F'n mind. I'm getting sick of this crap. Anyone who defends KCBS and says it's all Sams can kiss my .....:mad2:

It's time for Regional Representation

If we make it, it more than doubles our mileage, doubles our drive time and increases our gas cost by $150 bucks. KCBS is out of their F'n mind. I'm getting sick of this crap. Anyone who defends KCBS and says it's all Sams can kiss my .....:mad2:

YankeeBBQ for President!

Pretty Confident that you will be making that drive ?, LOL Have a great weekend ! You think that somebody might just check and see if the stores selected were going to remodeled at the time of the event.

This f ing sucks!!! So if i make it all 3 rounds it will be 4,000 miles of driving in a one month span

This f ing sucks!!! So if i make it all 3 rounds it will be 4,000 miles of driving in a one month span

It really sucks! If you made all three rounds, figure @ $4.00/Gal it will cost you about $1000.00 just to get there and and back home.

Can we ban together and protest this?

Their are many more sams club locations up here

I'm personally pretty happy about it. To me, if they are going to have a regional qualifer, it makes more sense that the contest is located centrally within the region instead of way up on one corner of it...

I'm personally pretty happy about it. To me, if they are going to have a regional qualifer, it makes more sense that the contest is located centrally within the region instead of way up on one corner of it...

Easy for you to say cause its your region. So that means the northeast is not entitled to a region?

Easy for you to say cause its your region. So that means the northeast is not entitled to a region?

It makes sense when you think about it that way - im not sure why but I was thinking this region was supposed to cover the same area as MABA. I know its not related but its weird how the mind works sometimes.

It might have made sense when they originally scheduled the events but to move it 250 miles now is total BS. I wouldn't have signed up for a local if that was the case. I'm seriously considering asking for a refund.

Can we ban together and protest this?

Their are many more sams club locations up here

I sent the following to the KCBS I suggest anyone else whose not happy with the situation send something similar.

I'm very upset with the venue change of the region 5 regional contest. If I'm lucky enough to qualify for this contest it will cost me 500 miles, 8 extra hours of driving time and approximately $200 in extra fuel cost . I will also need to book 2 hotel rooms because driving 8 hours then competing in a bbq contest all in the same day is not something I would do. I think you seriously need to reconsider the new location of the event and find a club closer to the original venue. If not I may be forced to withdraw from the local contest I signed up for.

Steve Farrin
I Smell Smoke !!!

Back