• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Superbowl Sunday cook pr0n

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Spent the day giving the WSM a workout...started with pit beef for lunch. bottom round, S&P, cooked over RO lump and pecan at ~325° to IT of 120, reverse sear, sliced thin. Not bad, but a little tough.
pit beef.jpg

Made a batch of beer bread (thanks jeanie!):
beer bread.jpg

for dinner, stuffed peppers--stuffed with a mixture of ground venison and ground lamb (~2:1)--seasoned with garlic salt and some dehydrated onion, wrapped in bacon, and cooked over RO lump with cherry at ~250° until the stuffing was ~145°
peppers.jpg

Also did a stuffed cabbage--stuffed with a mix of rice, black beans, and chopped onion(thanks to landarc on that one). Cooked with the peppers...wasn't finished when the theywere done, so we'll be eating that later this week.
cabbage.jpg

grabbed some rhubarb from the freezer and made a strawberry-rhubarb crumble for dessert (my 5 year old was awfully excited--he's fond of grabbing a stalk from the yard, and having himself a snack in the summer)
rhubarb.jpg

time for a beer :grin:

Is the WSM ok to use lump in now? I read that you werent supposed to use lump in the WSM. If that has changed, I will be using lump!

Good looking cook!

Back