• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Steak Night

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Spent much of yesterday cooking up 55 pounds of yakisoba and working in the church kitchen, didn't feel like doing a whole lot tonight, so steak it is. Grilled up a Niman Ranch ribeye, along with some Creole yellow rice (my own recipe) and some home fermented takuan pickles (Japanese root pickles).

steak2_zps0932cd31.jpg

steak1_zps4e1bb3c1.jpg

and because I know we love them, the fork shot...
steak3_zps768c2b92.jpg

Yum!! I love steak!!!! That look's delisch and way less work than a long smoke.

. I spent the afternoon cooking 75 burger sliders for my 3yr olds bday party and the last thing I want to look at is beef- with the exception of that fork shot, dayum that looks good!

Creole Rice:
3 cups slightly undercooked long grain rice (I used Texmati)
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2-3/4 teaspoon turmeric ( you may need to add more depending on turmeric)
2 tablespoons butter (or 50/50 butter and olive oil)

Saute up all ingredients except for the rice, the onions and celery need to wilt down. Once the onion is translucent, add the rice and 4-5 tablespoons water, saute until dry and the rice has begun to split, add parsley (I added about 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped). Toss and correct for salt and pepper.

Forget all them briskets, and pulled pork! Just serve me up a good steak that looks half that good, and some of that rice, and I will be a happy camper and a little bit sleepy! Quick fire, and a quick cook, and BAM!, end of story.

Can you tell that I like your dish, and want to head to the store, and, and, oh heck, it is 1:30 in the morning and the wife might have me admitted if I try to sneak out at this time of the night. :doh:

Blessings to you east coasters!

Omar

No, was too busy, as soon as it got cooked it was whisked off by the Church Ladies and packed into boxes

There is just something a ribeye does that nothing else does - love those things!

Looks great and thanks for the rice recipe!

Awesome! Looks great!

I like how those pickles are cut - they look like noodles .
I like to pickle some cucumber - it's called shimano - I never made them sliced the way you did - I'd like to tell the kids their noodles then let them discover they are pickled :-D:-o:-D going to have to try that! Thanks for the post!

Back