Bacon Wrapped Pork Tender w/Bourbon Peach Glaze

jaestar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been busy about every weekend since October and finally had a nice Saturday evening to relax and grill. I have been wanting to make a bacon wrapped pork tender and to also try out my bourbon peach glaze recipe. I had some jalapenos that need to be cooked too.

I put a coat of rub on the tender, wrapped with bacon and then put some more rub on.

01-21-12BBQPorkTender004.jpg

The jalapenos are stuffed with a cream cheese, bacon, peach preserve, rub, salt, pepper and granulated garlic mixture.

01-21-12BBQPorkTender005.jpg

I smoked with apple wood chips. It is pretty cold out and you can see some snow on the ground. I was still able to get the kettle to 350 pretty easily.

01-21-12BBQPorkTender007.jpg

01-21-12BBQPorkTender011.jpg

I applied the two coats of glaze with the first being about 15 min. before it was done and the second about 10 minutes later. I took the pork off the grill at around 142 and tented with foil for 5 minutes or so. I also added some loaded mashed potatoes to the party. It turned out great! The glaze gave it just enough sweet, bourbon flavor. The apple wood smoke came through really well too. The jalapenos were outstanding too.

01-21-12BBQPorkTender014.jpg

01-21-12BBQPorkTender017.jpg

01-21-12BBQPorkTender018.jpg

01-21-12BBQPorkTender022.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Bourbon Peach Glaze
1/2C Peach Preserves
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/4C Vinegar
1/4C Bourbon
2Tsp Corn Starch
1Tbsp Butter
1Tsp Salt
1Tsp Granulated Garlic
1 Jalapeno Sliced

Combine all ingredients except corn starch and simmer for 5 min. Mix corn starch with a little water to make a slurry and slowly add until you get your desired consistency.

Nice pink to that pork tenderloin. Not allowed when I was a kid, but the only way I will serve it today.

Pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes are a perfect entree. :thumb:

CD

I wish they'd make a "sticky" out of that....just the way a pork tenderloin should be done! Looks awesome! nice job!

Back