MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
can't remember if I fart in this one too?
You can still dub one in

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #17
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Excellent video Donny!
Would love to try the garlic and butter covered steak once.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Dam it "T" Now I have to go buy some ribeyes to try that Rail Road style. I do the preheated 500 deg CI skillet as a norm in the house. Oh and I like the vid that new gear is a winner.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillius Sodus View Post
Good video - but what's with the haze, especially on the left side of the screen while you're cooking?
Thats a problem. There is a first video I made but I rejected it cuz like a jackass I tilted the pan to the side instead of toward the camera....

the haze is due to the grease spatter. The first one is clearer until the end.

Now this is the problem that I need to figure out around.. and I think I can. This puppy shoots at incredibly high def but has no zoom so I have to get close. There is another vid out there but the guy is not writing me back. I am amazed just how close you have to get. But the cool thing is when I learn Premiere Pro I am sure will be able to get a production zoom, even though the clarity will be lower... which is not such a big deal because the video itself is so high res.... MUCH higher than you guys can see on your screen.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonewagon View Post
I shouldn't have watched that before lunch. That steak will be way better than anything I have.
Normally my class behaves and walks in a nice line down the halls so they normally go first to lunch. The other day they didn't and I made walk 1/3 of the way then turn back to the class. They had to pass all the normally slow to behave classes and while all the BAD classes went to lunch before them... I had the buttery part on to watch.

It was torture...

but then again... its why Mr. T always has the best lines going to and from lunch.

Edict.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #21
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
I sadly enjoy a steak on a griddle with some butter more than over open flame most of the time. I blame Ruth's Chris.

BTW - nice video. I'd like some steak now.
Totally agree about RC. This is better with my normal 2-3- 4 inchers.

Best is my block steaks cut from select rib eye lipon

Edict.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
Sillius Sodus
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
I sadly enjoy a steak on a griddle with some butter more than over open flame most of the time. I blame Ruth's Chris.
Just FFR, Ruth's Chris doesn't use a griddle. They use a broiler and they also heat the plates in the same broiler. The steak is then put on the plate and liquified butter is poured on to the steak/plate before it is carried out of the kitchen - resulting in the sizzle you hear when the plate is placed in front of you.

(I waited tables at RC for almost a year and my wife worked there for over three.)

Old 01-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #23
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillius Sodus View Post
Just FFR, Ruth's Chris doesn't use a griddle. They use a broiler and they also heat the plates in the same broiler. The steak is then put on the plate and liquified butter is poured on to the steak/plate before it is carried out of the kitchen - resulting in the sizzle you hear when the plate is placed in front of you.

(I waited tables at RC for almost a year and my wife worked there for over three.)
I ate at RC in the 1980s. Cut into the steak and it squirted its juices on my tie.... I didn't complain but the manager saw it and handed me a card.

He said "go to see this man at Foleys and get a new tie on my acct.

I did and he did. Amazing. Of course I asked the guy how they cook them and then there was no reason to go anymore.

Edict.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #24
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

You didn't skimp on the quality of the meat Donnie. That is exactly how a great steak is done.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #25
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

RC knows how to mess up a good steak..

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote