Today's Project: Original vs Competition Kingsford

Sounds like fun. I heard you mention it on Greg Rempe's show. I've been wanting to do a side by side with Kingsford Comp and Stubbs.

Looking forward to your results. Personally I thought the comp burned fasted than blue.

Looking forward to it, and appreciate all you do. It's insightful, and very helpful!

Sorry, but it won't be posted tonight. I got it done, but I still need to
post-produce all of the pics and write the post.

John

no prob man. i did a review of stubbs last year and it was cool.

Im excited to see the results.

Anxious to see what you thought John. Scored a bunch of the comp K at Home Depot recently. Have only used it a time or two.

Typically use the blue bag....I have some thoughts on the difference that I'll wait to share until after you post your comparison.

I am looking forward to this one. I have been unable to see any competition brands sold in pairs like the regular blue bag.

I hope competition wins as I have a garage full of the stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
know comp burns hotter. but when you say original, do you mean the current original or the genuine original ?

I apologize for the delay. I've had family obligations
that have gotten in the way of the post. I hope to
Have it up later tonight.

John

Well, it's late but, as I posted here last March, I am doing a detailed
head-to-head review of original versus Competition Kingsford briquets.

I should have it posted tonight.

John
John that post was great and there is a total difference between the two,what we've been doing for comp is mixing the two together.works great..thanks for the great info!

I apologize for the delay. I've had family obligations that have gotten in the way of the post. I hope to
Have it up later tonight.

I'm very sorry, but I've run out of time again tonight, due to other family
obligations.

Note to self: Don't spout off about what you're up to until you're done. :redface:

Sorry,
John

I'm very sorry, but I've run out of time again tonight, due to other family
obligations.

Note to self: Don't spout off about what you're up to until you're done. :redface:

Sorry,
John

no prob man. hope all is well. i can always start the campfire songs while we wait.

As one who has just tried the KC (due to the deal at HD) and has used lump only before that, I look forward to this. I really liked the consistency of the briquettes and will use them more, but they did produce more ash than the lump which is a concern in my ceramic cooker. Thanks for putting the effort forth, it will for sure help me out.

Back