First contest results

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My family and I entered our first contest this past weekend at the Frisco Colorado BBQ Challenge. There were 69 teams total. Our overall ranking was 35. In chicken we were 14 out of 69, ribs 40 out of 69, pulled pork 31 out of 69 and brisket 32 out of 69. Not bad for our first contest! Learned a whole lot and had a blast. Still recovering from the lack of sleep though :-D Looking forward to the next one, Thanks for listening!

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com

Good job Bossman... Congrats... Middle of the pack is never bad for a first contest !! Gotta be proud of finishing in the top fifth for chicken...

You learned a lot, turned everything in on time and had fun... Probably the three most important things that you want to happen at a first contest. It should only get better for you next time out.

Way to Go Brother.

Welcome to the Dark Side of BBQ.

Betcha' can't cook just one :lol: :lol:

TIM

Congrats, Bossman! Great showing for your first time out! Keep on learning! That never ends.

Great job for your first... We've done 3, and only got middle of the pack once. :) Still working on things.

Keep it up!

Great job Bossman. So are you going to cook Dillon next? That is a GREAT contest....

Good show Bossman! I find competitive BBQ the most damn addictive thing I have ever experienced. I wish there were more contests and closer in the northeast. Maybe some day.

HoDeDo said:
Great job Bossman. So are you going to cook Dillon next? That is a GREAT contest....

I would like to, it will depend on the work schedule, If I cant compete myself, I may attend anyway and help a buddy out that is cooking in Dillion, his team is "Over the Fence BBQ"

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com

Great job for you and the family. Very nice that they want to do it with you.

Congrats Boss Man!!!!

Back