• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pastrami Weekend

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sicnse my wife and son are gone for the weekend I figured I would smoke something. It took me a while but I found 2 nice corned brisket flat about 4 lbs each. I put them in water last night to begin the soak They changed at least 3 times. Sat AM I will put on the rub- thirdeyes before I take my son to the airport. By the time I get home and get the egg ready the rub will be on 6 to 7 hrs. When smoked enough I will use Phrasty's method of steaming them- briskets raised in a pan with beer covered and on the grill. I dont have a rack that will fit in the p-an so I will use foil balls top raise the meat. Will post on the outcome

I am using recipes from 2 Brethren. The rub is from thirdeye. Go to his blg. He has a great tutorial Normally for the finish I wrap the meat in fouil with beer to braise it. This time I am using Phrasty's method. I found this by doing a search on corning. He takes a pan Puts in 2 light beers, garlic beef bullion, 1/2 onion and a sweet pepper. HJe puts his meat on a rack that is raised by using foil balls, covers it and steams it. I am hoping for a wetter appearance with this. Check out thirdeyes blog. He gives a lot of great info

I smoked a brisket the other weekend and bought a pre-corned beef at Sams. Just rinsed it, and tossed it on the smoker. Was outstanding

I put the meat on the egg at 240 around 130. I put the meat in the covered pan around 160 degrees using Phrasty's method. Thanks Phrasty and thanks thirdeye for the rub. I increased the temp to 250 Took it out around 190 degrees tooth pic tender. Took about 5 hrs. Wrapped it and sliced this AM Started off with a little over 8lbs and ended up with about 6. 5 lbs vac sucked and in freezer. This was the best pastrami I have done and steaming it gave it a great wet pastrami look :biggrin1:

Back