Hello From Los Angeles,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectbbq

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hi all,

I've always loved bbq since i was a young lad. I'm a real rookie at bbq, i'm currently using my weber genesis with a smoker box to test out my skills on bbq. As i get better i will eventually invest some money and buy a real smoker. Last week was the first time i ever tried to cook chicken with the low and slow method, my friends and family really enjoyed the rub i made and how tender the chicken came out. It really motivated me to learn as much as i can about bbq. But i'm hoping i can gain tons of knowledge from all you bbq masters. Thanks in advance!

Howdy neighbor! You're in good company here. You're next door to Diamond Bar, where Slap Yo Daddy's Harry Soo lives.

Welcome to the Hood. Got a few new guys from your neck of the woods lately. Grew up in La Puente/Valinda (Bassett). You don't need to spend a fortune on a smoker. Build a UDS. Hear rumor there are people in So Cal area who might know something about them.:rolleyes:

Thanks all for the warm welcome! I tried to bbq my first slab of st louis ribs over the weekend and epicly failed. I overcooked it =p, will try again this weekend. I screwed up on my cooking times and left the ribs on a lil too long before i took it out for the foiling stage. Going to try again this weekend and hopefully i'll be able to post a picture of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back