• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Night Wings (on the new 26 inch Weber kettle!) - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
BossLady wanted Thai Green Curry wings. I was thinking something along the lines of Nando's Peri-Peri.

PpfnUMOl.jpg

This Vortex is perfect. Interesting how the thickness and thermal mass of this 26 inch kettle is significantly larger than her 22 inch cousin.

QcHNM5Gl.jpg

SjB4Jusl.jpg

Nearly time to pull, sauce, and devour.

You have enough room on that thing to feed a crowd... myself and two others constitute a crowd and we will be right there!
Looks good, sir.

You have enough room on that thing to feed a crowd... myself and two others constitute a crowd and we will be right there!

You're not kidding. This thing is frickin' huge in comparison to my trusty 22.

BREAK BREAK

Learned something important on this cook. It's about thermal mass. The flavor of these wings was excellent, but I needed to go hotter earlier and longer for the same effect as on the 22 inch.

I moved the wings closer to the rim of the Vortex after the photos, but they weren't the same old "lovely crispy outside, moist & tender inside" that I'm used to.

Thankfully, the Munchkin and CINCHOUSE devoured the bird, none-the-less.

Learning the new piece of kit, that's all.

Damn that grate is huge!
Line the wings up two deep and you can get about 10 pounds of wings around the vortex. Lots of real estate on the 26. I like to fill up the grill whenever I fire it up, but I don't mind eating the leftovers. I have noticed that if I fill the Vortex with lit briquettes that I can cook for 3-4 hours at temps of 400 or more.

Thanks,

Robert

You're not kidding. This thing is frickin' huge in comparison to my trusty 22.

BREAK BREAK

Learned something important on this cook. It's about thermal mass. The flavor of these wings was excellent, but I needed to go hotter earlier and longer for the same effect as on the 22 inch.

I moved the wings closer to the rim of the Vortex after the photos, but they weren't the same old "lovely crispy outside, moist & tender inside" that I'm used to.

Thankfully, the Munchkin and CINCHOUSE devoured the bird, none-the-less.

Learning the new piece of kit, that's all.

I have done the same thing on my vortex in my 22", not waiting long enough. Man they looked good in that action shot.

Weber 26", vortex and wings is a great combination. I add a wood chunk to the top grate above the vortex to get some additional smoke flavor.

Nice job! I now realize I need to take out wings too on top of my brisket Good to see your learning curve it very small for the new 26

Back