Our new Trailer (yeah I got pron...)

fjaggie07

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I have always cooked on a Weber Genesis Grill, recently added a UDS and just love cooking in general. My Father has always had an old Offset for as long as I can remember. Well recently we have been cooking for more and more folks and loving it so we decided to go in together on a trailer to take it up a notch. For the last year or so we have been looking for the perfect smoker and found it on Saturday.

Went to see Clint at East Texas Smoker Company out in Tyler and picked up our very own Smoker. It is a 7 Ft. 250 Gallon Tank Reverse flow smoker. Has a big ol cutting board, dual propane burners in the back for beans and sauce, double sink with 13 gallon fresh water tank and 13 gallon grey water tank and hot water on demand. We are officially in love. Got it home around 5 PM and had the seasoning fire going by 6:30 PM.

I stayed up all night with it feeling out the pit and getting a good handle on how to control the temp. At 3 AM put on the first pork butt and it all went down hill from there! Around 8 AM we added the Ribs, Chicken Halves, Pork Loin, Turkey Breast, Corn And Bratwurst. It all came out wonderful.

Pictures are as follows, sorry for the late pics by the time I got done carving and throwing in the pans, people were already eating and this was what was left! :thumb:

Pit and Pops:
c2d7261e.jpg

e24bc10d.jpg

Corn and Ribs
cc8b8c2a.jpg

c40b340e.jpg

07e6722e.jpg

Finished Q

Ribs
4e185e56.jpg

f67ee50a.jpg

Pulled Pork
caa2b70d.jpg

Turkey
e1cb4d2f.jpg

Chicken, Pork Loin and Sausage (Or what's left of it...)
0886469b.jpg

Anyways, just wanted to say Thanks to this Forum. Haven't posted much on it but have gained so much knowledge. Happy Q'ing everyone!

Sincerely,
Aggie

Congrats! That is one SWEET looking rig. Maybe if I'm a good boy someday...

That is one sweet rig!:clap2:

But what is that white bottle with the red cap sittin' there in pic 1 & 2 :shocked:

Ant killer I presume? :wink:

That is one sweet rig!:clap2:

But what is that white bottle with the red cap sittin' there in pic 1 & 2 :shocked:

Ant killer I presume? :wink:

LOL! Sure...

Actually my Father has never lit a fire without using lighter fluid. I have a weed burner coming to him for his old offset, and I have shown him how to use a chimney before, it just hasn't stuck. Well this fire box has a propane burner in the side and he was about floored when we used it this past weekend. I think his days of lighter fluid are over (oh thank god).

Wow, nice cooker you picked up there. Those side burners are sure nice for lighting coals

Congrats. That is a great looking spread and awesome looking setup! I wish you many good times to come.
You might get a good ribbing as many folks here aren't keen on the flavor and smell of lighter fluid.

Back