• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

need some brisket advice

K

kwantz

ok i had bad timeing, my brisket im guessing will be done in about an hour or so, the thick part of the brisket is getting really tender about 175 or so internal, the thin part is about 180 but still pretty tough, alot of resistance , and the point is like butter. its now 10:10 am, dinner isnt till 5 or 6, any good ideas to keep it warm, is it ok to rest for such a long period, if i have to whats the best way to warm it up without ruining anything?

The good news is that it may not be ready in an hour.... The point usually is more tender when probing, don't ever worry about overcooking it.....concentrate on the flat. And from your description it's still not ready at the 180 degrees internal. So from a timing position, that's good.

First off, can you ramp the cooker temp down? This will drag out your cook, buy you some time, and let the flat ease out of the plateau and tender up.

When my briskets are done I wrap in double foil and hold in a cooler with wadded up newspaper for insulation. I like the long rests, 3 or 4 hours is no problem..... they are plenty hot when removed.

If you wrap and place in a cooler you won't have to reheat it. 5 hours is a long resting time. I will let someone with more experience give you advice on that though.

EDIT: And that person got their response in before me. :lol:

Back