My first competion

Porky Joes

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So last weekend I competed in my first competition at the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ and took second place for the best dish competition with a peachy pork tenderloin. I missed first place by .25

The ribs I placed 19 out of 26 but I am still happy with the results.

Attachments

• CIMG6025.jpg
    CIMG6025.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 117
  • CIMG6034.jpg
    CIMG6034.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Glen Ellyn Patch Trophy Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ 2010 Best Dish 2nd Place.jpg
    Glen Ellyn Patch Trophy Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ 2010 Best Dish 2nd Place.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 117
Congrats; you're hooked now. Treasure that trophy, 'cause it's going to cost you a whole lot of money before you're through!

Congrats; you're hooked now. Treasure that trophy, 'cause it's going to cost you a whole lot of money before you're through!

Congrats PJ on your success!!

This comment is so true!! I compete with my daughter...we were fortunate enough to have some success in our first comp too. This, of course, led to purchasing more gear (cookers, canopies, tables etc), a logo, banners, much meat to practice on.

It's been GREAT!! :-D

congrats Joe. I was one of the sponsors for that contest. I was impressed with the turnout for it ..looks like they will need a "bigger boat" so to speak next year!

congrats Joe. I was one of the sponsors for that contest. I was impressed with the turnout for it ..looks like they will need a "bigger boat" so to speak next year!

Do they allow big rigs to come in and cook? :becky:

Keep up the great smoking! Someday I hope to compete and your an inspiration!

From what I know you have to use an ez up. It is on the street in a neighborhood.
They had 35 or so teams. They had to turn team away as they ran out of space.

next year they are looking to take it off the neighborhood street and move it to a bigger spot and becomes KCBS sanctioned since it filled up so quick so you never know

Congrats PJ on your success!!

This comment is so true!! I compete with my daughter...we were fortunate enough to have some success in our first comp too. This, of course, led to purchasing more gear (cookers, canopies, tables etc), a logo, banners, much meat to practice on.

It's been GREAT!! :-D

^^^ Uh huh!! ^^^ What THEY said! :shocked: :heh:

Back