Smoked cheese

OK... So I simply must ask.... How long did you smoke the cream cheese? What source of smoke did you use?

I've done many of the hard cheeses but never thought about cream cheese and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

It all looks great. :thumb:

OK... So I simply must ask.... How long did you smoke the cream cheese? What source of smoke did you use?

I've done many of the hard cheeses but never thought about cream cheese and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

It all looks great. :thumb:

I smoked all of the cheeses for around 4 hours. I used a small cast iron smoke box witha couple of lit briquettes and some pecan wood chips. I’m finding it pretty delicious on a cracker!

Nice, Tex!

It's getting cold here in NJ and cheese smoking time is here. :-D

What did you use to get the rub to stick to the cheese? I have to try that.

Nice, Tex!

It's getting cold here in NJ and cheese smoking time is here. :-D

What did you use to get the rub to stick to the cheese? I have to try that.

I just gave all sides a good dusting Piney. Nothing special to make it stick. The cream cheese is pretty sticky on its own.

I've smoked a lot of cheese but I never even thought about cream cheese. It's brilliant. Will definitely be trying that. Nice job.

I might try this with some brie with a light coat of melted butter and a dusting of rub / spices. :-D

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea on the cream cheese. I’ll definitely try that next time I smoke cheese. Good beer as well. I polished off a couple of Ice Days while working on some meat curing projects I had going on today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBC site has a great recipe for smoked Brie cheese. Place on foil or pan. Just slice off the top crust of the Brie. Top with jam. They recommend apricot. I’ve also used whatever was in the fridge. Smoke for 20 minutes. I’ve done it on the PBC and indirect on the Weber. Both turned out great. Nothing left after the party.

Love smoked cheese and the rub on the cream cheese is a great idea.

I smoke Velveta once and it was pretty good. If you can keep a low temp, Smoked Butter is Amazing!

Love smoked cheese and the rub on the cream cheese is a great idea.

I smoke Velveta once and it was pretty good. If you can keep a low temp, Smoked Butter is Amazing!

Do you have to let the butter mellow out like cheese?

Do you have to let the butter mellow out like cheese?

Not really is absorbs nicely. A buddy said my smoke house was smoky enough when empty so we put a couple sticks of butter in it for a couple weeks and it absorbed a light smoke pretty good also.

So I did a block of cream cheese tonight using my new AmazingTube with some pre-filled pellets. Pretty heavy smoke for about 1.5-2 hours. Strong smoke smell for sure so I wrapped in clear wrap and placed in a zip-lock to be mellowed in the fridge. Not sure how long to wait but it sure needs some time. I couldn't imagine eating it right away.... :wacko:

Back