Anyone Want a Discounted Hunsaker Smoker Around Atlanta?? (Need to Know by Thursday)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I feel like I post sporadically around here these days so here is a random idea.........:becky:.......

Mark Hunsaker is shipping 12 smokers to Atlanta for a tv show and after that show someone is going to buy all 12. I might be that person :-D

sMDlrYQl.png

Gist is of the 12 smoker some could be used once or some not at all. Won't know until the winning bid pics them up after filming (we know nothing about the show). Bidding ends tomorrow (Thurs 9/19) at midnight.

I'm currently in the bidding and might not end up getting them if someone outbids me, but I'm trying to get a realistic picture of how many I can turn around and sell to people I know. This isn't for profit. It is to get people discounted Hunsakers.

So the million dollar question: Is anyone here interested in a possibly used once or possibly new Hunsaker for $600?? Atlanta pick up only. I have too much going on to ship smokers :caked:.

I have about 4 people right now that have 100% guaranteed they want one. Of all the other people I've mentioned this to most have said "maybe" which means "no". If I can get to 8 guaranteed I'll buy them and bid to get them for at max of $600 a smoker.

Questions?? Tire kickers need not apply here. Just trying to help anyone around ATL get a discounted Hunsaker :clap2::clap2:.

Last edited:
If you are in the area I would suggest getting in on this. A new or barely used Hunsaker for $600 or less is a helluva deal.

Great deal. I love my Hunsaker. if you are even half way considering a drum smoker...get it.

Would you deliver to Roswell? I got a sister there who’s been buggin me to visit :)

I......um..... should of clarified who is on my "do not sell to" list :icon_blush:.

That ain't far from where I am, so possibly :-D

I......um..... should of clarified who is on my "do not sell to" list :icon_blush:.

That ain't far from where I am, so possibly :-D

Still paddling that canoe I see :becky:

Put me as a maybe. If you get them for dirt a$$ cheap or get stuck needing one more guy to make the deal then pm me.

Good news is the wife is out of town as a chaperone at 6th grade camp. No signal and as such is unreachable for her advice.

Jason or other Hunsaker owners can you comment on the flavor and aroma of these drums when cooking? I have built and used plenty of UDS but i have never had a difuser and i do like the fat on the coals pit flavor. But now it seems all the newer UDS/Drums have some sort of heat difuser, tuning plates, heat shields that kind turn these drums into an oven. When the fat/juice drips on the vortex does it put out a burning meat smell? Do you still get that "pit" flavor? I know when my water pan runs dry on my 270s and if i dont refill i get a meat burning smell as the grease hits the pan and sizzles; and its not good. I also noticed some Drums users in comps will put a pan on the shelf below to catch the drippings so it doesnt hit the vortex. Also I'm more of a 250-270 temp guy and not a H&F; any issues dialing these in to hold those temps or do they bounce around? Sorry to ramble. this is a great deal so it got me thinking again about buying a drum. Thanks!!

Theyll hold temp wherever you want, the temp control is very precise and responsive. I havent cooked on a drum that isnt a Hunsaker but there is definitely meat on coals aroma/flavor. That Vortex plate isnt really a diffuser per se, it unsurprisingly gets very hot and the way the fins are designed, a fair amount of meat juices still make it into the coals, particularly on big meats. The design is well thought out, from the intake, the rack systems, lid hinge, etc. Mark is constantly innovating and making new accessories that make their cookers even more versatile.

Still paddling that canoe I see :becky:

Put me as a maybe. If you get them for dirt a$$ cheap or get stuck needing one more guy to make the deal then pm me.

Good news is the wife is out of town as a chaperone at 6th grade camp. No signal and as such is unreachable for her advice.

Lol. I will keep you posted.

Jason or other Hunsaker owners can you comment on the flavor and aroma of these drums when cooking? I have built and used plenty of UDS but i have never had a difuser and i do like the fat on the coals pit flavor. But now it seems all the newer UDS/Drums have some sort of heat difuser, tuning plates, heat shields that kind turn these drums into an oven. When the fat/juice drips on the vortex does it put out a burning meat smell? Do you still get that "pit" flavor? I know when my water pan runs dry on my 270s and if i dont refill i get a meat burning smell as the grease hits the pan and sizzles; and its not good. I also noticed some Drums users in comps will put a pan on the shelf below to catch the drippings so it doesnt hit the vortex. Also I'm more of a 250-270 temp guy and not a H&F; any issues dialing these in to hold those temps or do they bounce around? Sorry to ramble. this is a great deal so it got me thinking again about buying a drum. Thanks!!

Suds is spot on.

I think they smell similar to non diffuser pits. And you can take the diffuser out.

And no issues with holding 250-270. I actually cook my comp ribs and chicken at those temps and it holds rock solid. I only run big meats 300+.

Hit us up with any other drum questions

Screw it. Mark me down for one.

You already have your drums!! lol Ugh I'm on the fence. Would like to have one but I also have been looking at the QDS and I have 3 drums at work that I was thinking of doing a QDS or Gateway clone. But I keep coming back to the Hunsakers.

You already have your drums!! lol Ugh I'm on the fence. Would like to have one but I also have been looking at the QDS and I have 3 drums at work that I was thinking of doing a QDS or Gateway clone. But I keep coming back to the Hunsakers.

I mean just give into the darkness........it's inevitable

Theoretically could use a fourth. :becky:

I gotta say I've cooked more on the gateway I have at my house in the last month than I cooked on my Yoder in the last year. I absolutely love it.

Back