What was the worst thing you ever bbq'ed?

my first brisket, bitter smoke dry and tough it was awful. they come out just a little better now lol

Way before finding this site, under the tutelage of my good friend and self described Pit Master I was taught to boil ribs! I took it one step better and boiled them in beer.

First brisket attempt was a disaster. Inedible slap of charcoal

Not BBQ, but first sous vide boneless pork chop stayed too long in the bath. It had the consistency of mashed potatoes.

Voila!

CzadivWVEAAObZj

CzaksiFVQAEoTfR

Well I know these things must of been bad? but did they taste bad? what was the deal with them? what made them bad? how did they taste?

Guinea pig, groundhog...

*&^$, this thread escalated quickly. :laugh:

Hands down the time I tried to cook a carp was the worst thing I ever tried to do.
It turned into a carcass of mush.
Unh Unh honey, I never even tried a taste of it. :wacko:

1) Would probably be the first time I smoked a prime rib low & slow. I previously cooked them in a hot oven with a salt crust. Not thinking about it, I put the same salt crust on and smoked away at 225. That was the saltiest thing I have ever tasted in my life.

2) Swineapple. I found a way to ruin bacon.

Groundhog

I've never tried eating a groundhog. Having smelled the nuisance groundhogs that I've trapped in my yard, no way would I ever consider eating one! And I'm not normally squeamish about eating wild animals.

I tried Cockatoo once, worst meat I have eaten.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatoo

Having eaten stuff in Malysia/Borneo that looks like Guineapig and not knowing what we are eating?I can only guess.
But the Cockatoo was tough,stringy and tasted like Gumtree

A Peacock. We had a neighbor that bought one that decided to take up residence at our place.It was not very Tastee. But at least it is not here anymore. :shocked: Yep,it is so.

Grilled up some kangaroo once. Won't do that again.
Made me pretty jumpy.

A Peacock. We had a neighbor that bought one that decided to take up residence at our place.It was not very Tastee. But at least it is not here anymore. :shocked: Yep,it is so.

So it didn't taste like chicken?

Back