Giganta-dinos

Seefyre

Take a breath!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Saw a 1/2 cow laying on the counter at my favorite butcher. I was able to direct the cut and this is what I came home with.

Smoking over oak for 4 hours-ish then a wrap till tender. I'll post again when it's out of the smoker!

Last edited:
Looks great so far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The rub was equal parts by weight hand cracked pepper and kosher salt. Here they are just a few minutes out of the oven Fed 10 with that slab! Literally melted in your mouth!!!

Last edited:
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Seefyre
Can you give some more info on what you did with those?
Sunday I also tried to do some beef ribs, my first real cook with a new UDS I built. with some oak and briquettes. Utter fail.
wondering how hot did you have the smoker for the first 4 hours, did you just go by time or internal temp?

then temp and time in the wrap and you had them in the oven at that point correct? add anything when going in the wrap? monitoring internal temp do decide when done?

sounds like you had excellent results and trying to learn where I went wrong. the ribs I did were cross cut but appeared to be about the same thickness as yours, mine varied but up to 2 1/2 " thick.

thanks

Debmar,

I ran my smoker at 275F for the four hours. Essentially I cooked them like I cook most of my large format cooks--smoke it until it looks right, then wrap until it "feels" right. The feel for me is probes like a ripe avocado. This rack cooked while wrapped @350F for 1 hr, 45 mins. I added a touch of water along with some freash onion and garlic to the mix

Your cook will vary due to the use of briquettes, but this is my go to method.

~Cheers

Back