Show your BBQ Area

They left it with me for three days. I was told not to drive it over 200 miles. I went WAY over 200 miles. I got it a six page magazine article here in Dallas, so they didn't give me any chit about the 300-something miles.

Oh, and I got paid for the photography.

In June, I beat my previous record for the most expensive car I have ever driven on public roadways, which was a $350,000 RUF RT-12. My new record is a 1973 Ferrari Daytona Spyder, worth about $1.8-million. The owner gave me the keys, and let me take it wherever I needed to go to get good photographs of it. I have known that collector for several years, and he knows I have professional driving training, and I am mature, so he trusts me with his cars.

I wouldn't say driving a Daytona Spyder around town is better than sex, but it was better than the best BBQ I've ever eaten. :laugh:

Trivia: Don Johnson drove a fake Daytona Spyder on Miami Vice. I drove a real one. But, I never slept with Meg Ryan, so I guess we are even. :heh:

CD

I'd give my left nut to live a day in your shoes! For Real!

Here's a old picture of my area .

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

I'm working on a whole new area. Used to use the driveway and haul crap all over the place. I'm presently putting in a brick patio and a shed for grills and smokers. It'll be a work in progress, I see many good ideas here.
Pron to show soon.

Well, coming along now. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
3e1ab281.jpg

Concrete form is what was decided on. 51 bags of 80lb concrete.
0e32753d.jpg

The best wife ever did the roof, her first time, she got it nice and straight.
4c8441ae.jpg

Hopefully we will be done this week. For now anyway.

Well, coming along now. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
3e1ab281.jpg

Concrete form is what was decided on. 51 bags of 80lb concrete.
0e32753d.jpg

The best wife ever did the roof, her first time, she got it nice and straight.
4c8441ae.jpg

Hopefully we will be done this week. For now anyway.

Looking Good!! :thumb:

The BBQ area got a new addition today -- a 18.5 inch OTS. It was a 20-bucks CL find.

I need a pergola or roof between the house and garage -- or at least a roof over my cooking area. It's too #%&!! hot to build now, but this may be a winter project.

CD

Attachments

• Webbers.jpg
    Webbers.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,420
If we aren't travelling, we do most of our cooking in the drive. Below are pics of our standard setup

Attachments

• 2010-08-20 11.20.48.jpg
    2010-08-20 11.20.48.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,404
  • 2010-08-20 11.21.13.jpg
    2010-08-20 11.21.13.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,401
  • 2010-08-20 11.20.28.jpg
    2010-08-20 11.20.28.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,410
Marty,
Does your patio cover shed water? If covered what material was used. Is it working for you?
I'm looking to do something similar. Also do the mats work well under your smoker? Mine is in the grass so it want dirty the light colored pavers on my patio. Would like to change that.
Thanks,
Mike

PS my gasser also serves as a very large chimney starter.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

f8e6c63f.jpg

Finished except for a few minor odds and ends.

579ff18d.jpg

Hopefully I can start a new post on the build.

"Whats the story behind the Ax guitar?"
It's solid maple custom built, with Sperzels, Gotoh bridge/tailpiece and a Dimarzio Air Zone. Plays really good, I bring it out in nice weather , drink some beers, cook and jam.

"Whats the story behind the Ax guitar?"
It's solid maple custom built, with Sperzels, Gotoh bridge/tailpiece and a Dimarzio Air Zone. Plays really good, I bring it out in nice weather , drink some beers, cook and jam.

See no problem with that! :rockon:

Back