MAK’ing vertical drummies

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Easy, tasty and always a hit with the family :)

-275° til about 160° IT
-Dip each drumstick in a glaze made up of bbq sauce/honey/apple juice. Use enough juice to bring the glaze to a syrup like consistency.
-Return to cooker and jack temp to 375° to finish. I prefer an IT of 185-190° on drummies.

b2e760e6b2dd21dee63406ab46009f2f.jpg

I'd safely say you nailed those! Those are great looking legs sir!!!

Thanks,
Greg

Nice legs!

Chicken legs that is...

Nice looking legs. Now the follow-up inquiry. Please tells us about the leg holder. Picture makes it look heavy duty.

Thanks,

Robert

Those look great. I usually do the lollipop version. Do you like that hanger? How many can you get hanging out?

One of my favorite parts of the chicken, thighs being first. You absolutely nailed those.

Great looking rack

That rack you linked looks like the one to get. I have the one with the folding legs and the little tray for transport. Legs fold up at some point EVERY time I use it. It's also tough to clean around the little clips that are supposed to keep the legs down . Still like the vertical roasting, but need the sturdy rack.

Those look fantastic. I’m with you on the 185 degrees for legs. Does the skin crisp up well at the end on the higher temp?

Those look fantastic. I’m with you on the 185 degrees for legs. Does the skin crisp up well at the end on the higher temp?

Thanks buddy! I’d call the skin more bite through than crispy using this method. If I want crispy, it’s gonna be 400°+ start to finish :)

Every time you make those it makes me wish I had that rack. But I do very few legs and pretty much all thighs. They look super good!

Lookin good Rob. So I bought 2 of those racks awhile ago because of you. I thought I would be able to get twice as many wings on my kettle with the vortex. Unfortunately the racks are too high to use on the kettle with the vortex.
:mmph:
So I have 2 new in the box racks. I'll use them eventually. :icon_blush:

Back