My family put their foot down!

He hasn't contributed or cooked better meat than me. I've been cooking on and off for 16 years and most of the contributors on this forum are not on my level at all. I'm certified by cordon bleu and all of this is nothing more than a hobby for me. I don't try to profit from this at all. What I won't tolerate is someone going out of their way to be a smartass. I'm the type of man that if you have a problem with me I will have my secretary set up all traveling expenses free of charge just to prove a point.

So here we are.. If you think your a better cook than me and you specifically have it out to prove that you know more and that you're a better pitmaster... I will have my secretary set everything up to where you don't have to do anything but pack a bag and get to your local airport. yes, I'm that confident. So if anybody here thinks that they can out-cook me let's see who's the best. Until then, STFU

I'm going to go against my better judgment and respond to your over confident cocky tirade.

I've been cooking bbq for over 30 years. Been to the American Royal invitational 9 times, the Jack world championship 3. Placed top 3 in several categories multiple times at these championships. I have collected 16 grand championships and I lost count of reserve grands and top 3 finishes over 15 years of competing. I've cooked side by side with some of the best cooks in the business. Chris Lilly, Ray Lampe, Paul Kirk, Aaron Franklin to name just a few. We've had multiple American Royal grand champions in our ranks as well as Jack winners and TV chefs. ..I've also competed and either lost to or beat them at various contests at one time or another. My trophy table spans 32 feet on 4 8 foot tables that I only use at catering events when the want to see the bling. I'm CIA educated back in the 90s and have awards from multiple culinary federations for contribution to the arts, philanthropy and charity. I was invited by our US Navy to cook for 2000 Sailers on 3 Navy destroyers during memorial data fleet week in NYC. 3 destroyers left the parade of ships to be fed southern style BBQ prepared by members of this forum and they performed flawlessly. Aside from all that, I founded this organization in 2003 and have had some of our best known cooks in the bbq world as membership.

So, with that being said, I would bet that only a handful of our members know this about me because I dont go and attack members based on my accomplishments. Instead I mentor, i teach, and contribute to the art. I dont challenge them and beat my chest.

So I cant help but laugh, giggle, piddle and smdh when I read your little tidbit about how great you are. Its pretty funny in a very sad delivery. And no I'm not getting on a plane to feed you crow. No fun in that.

Reality is youre outgunned and outclassed by many folks silent in this forum.. eat some humble pie dude... it may help you make friends.

Fleet week by BBQ BRETHREN. Https://youtu.be/iw8kfizDEcY

Back to the OP, I don’t have a Smokey Mountain but I’ve done many overnight cooks on my Kamado. My advice is shoot for slightly lower temps, monitor for about an hour to make sure temps are stable and just let it roll. I shoot for 225-240. You can always up the temp when your up.

I much rather put the brisket on at midnight and sleep several hours than wake up at 3 AM to start cooking. Mine are usually done about midday then I hold in cooler until dinner.

I do not do hot and fast so that would be another option..

I have an 18.5WSM. I’m pretty laid back and don’t worry about anything. My food comes out pretty good. If a temp control is going to give you peace of mind overnight, so be it. Lighten up everyone.

Today I was stuck in traffic due to a car accident, and grumbling about it. I then started to think how much ****tier the situation was for those in the car accident. How much they would be willing to trade my inconvenience for their bodily injuries.

Chill out. Have some Q.

Since we are talking sheepskins.My degree is in criminal justice. However I did spend a couple summers working in a country club kitchen.
Well -fry cook & luau boy.
Dropped the pig, sent back to kitchen.

just out of high school I worked in a kitchen at a country club. I was a dishwasher, good pay, union benefits. worked hard and got a promotion to the line making desserts. finishing up my last shift on dishes I cleaned up the employee meal section and with it a 5 at bowl of the chefs special zip sauce for steaks that evening. when he asked what happened I foolishly told on myself....I was back on dishes the next day

I'm going to go against my better judgment and respond to your over confident cocky tirade.

I've been cooking bbq for over 30 years. Been to the American Royal invitational 9 times, the Jack world championship 3. Placed top 3 in several categories multiple times at these championships. I have collected 16 grand championships and I lost count of reserve grands and top 3 finishes over 15 years of competing. I've cooked side by side with some of the best cooks in the business. Chris Lilly, Ray Lampe, Paul Kirk, Aaron Franklin to name just a few. We've had multiple American Royal grand champions in our ranks as well as Jack winners and TV chefs. ..I've also competed and either lost to or beat them at various contests at one time or another. My trophy table spans 32 feet on 4 8 foot tables that I only use at catering events when the want to see the bling. I'm CIA educated back in the 90s and have awards from multiple culinary federations for contribution to the arts, philanthropy and charity. I was invited by our US Navy to cook for 2000 Sailers on 3 Navy destroyers during memorial data fleet week in NYC. 3 destroyers left the parade of ships to be fed southern style BBQ prepared by members of this forum and they performed flawlessly. Aside from all that, I founded this organization in 2003 and have had some of our best known cooks in the bbq world as membership.

So, with that being said, I would bet that only a handful of our members know this about me because I dont go and attack members based on my accomplishments. Instead I mentor, i teach, and contribute to the art. I dont challenge them and beat my chest.

So I cant help but laugh, giggle, piddle and smdh when I read your little tidbit about how great you are. Its pretty funny in a very sad delivery. And no I'm not getting on a plane to feed you crow. No fun in that.

Reality is youre outgunned and outclassed by many folks silent in this forum.. eat some humble pie dude... it may help you make friends.

Fleet week by BBQ BRETHREN. Https://youtu.be/iw8kfizDEcY

Here, here! And thank you for this site.

My evil genius mind was going to work out a deal behind the scenes with some of the brethren and we could have had a fine Brethren get together at our friends expense. If it wasn't for the Rona, I might have really put some work into this. Genius I tell you. Pure genius. A once in a lifetime chance.

Robert

This site is like an onion for anyone that is willing to peel back the layers. The great thing about it is that if your willing to listen and engage you will make Friends for life and learn much in the process. Sure like any Family there will be friction from time to time among members but in my case, I also found forgiveness in the 8 years here. No other site like it on the net.

Absolutely agree Mike, been here a short time compared to others but I do enjoy the brethren.

I honestly think mph33 made post #14 in a tragically failed attempt at satire and got skewered for it.
It's all good.

All I have is a Party Q on my WSM and have done maybe 10 overnight brisket smokes. Perfect every time as I don't wrap.

2dgnlQu.jpg

I never thought about getting a gnome to monitor my pit temperatures before.

I do the same as you, never wrap and get similar results, and a good night sleep.

Back