MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
littleben
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Holding prime rib

Ive got an event at work coming up where we will be cooking 5 prime rib loins on pellet grills. easy to cook, yesterday I cooked one for practice, pulled it at 126 and put straight into a cooler, over the next 2 1/2 hours the temp slowly climbed to a maximum of 149. so that didn't work, how can I cook prime rib and hold for a couple hours with out that happening.. PS after 5 hours in the cooler is was still 138, thanks for the advice
littleben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think you did fine other than next time account for carryover.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #3
minAL
On the road to being a farker

I pull mine at 120. Let rest 15 or so minutes and then into warmer at 140-145. I try to time it where I take it off as close to service as possible..I get about two hours out of it. After that they are medium.

So with that said, I think you could let it cool down after the cook for 15 minutes. Then put in cooler and not have so much carryover cooking.
minAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
littleben
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I went with what worked over the weekend. Had 8 full rib loins to cook and 6 pellet grills. started cooking at 9:30, pulled each one when it hit 115, about (3.5 hours at 325) foil over the pan and into a cooler. temps climbed to 135 to 140. was still 130 at 5 when we started serving. cooked the last two loins after the first 6, couldn't tell the difference. all good.
littleben is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

What is a rib loin?
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #6
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post
What is a rib loin?
I'm sure he meant the rib roast cut from the rib primal ...
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote