MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Kooker's Kare Raffle Items Needed

Kooker's Kare feeds thousands of pounds of BBQ through food pantries by dozens of BBQ cooks each spring. MokanMeathead (Wayne) is on the board and I hope he posts with more info on the charity. This last fall, cooks at a local contest held a Friday night chili contest amongst the teams to raise money for the charity. Through that small event alone, some 50 families were provided a turkey for thanksgiving.

Several Brethren volunteer for Kooker's Kare.

The big Kooker's Kare cook is coming up March 23. They are in need of raffle items. These could be BBQ related or not. Plowboys BBQ is putting together a gift basket with sauces and rubs. My wife's cousin, the gun dealer, is donating a rifle. As I said, raffle items can be anything. If you want to donate something to promote your product or just help families in need, this is a great opportunity. Kookers Kare is a 503c organization so your donations are tax deductible.

Go to the Web Site for contact information. As I said, MoKanMeathead is on the KK Board. He can be a contact for you. I'd be glad to help as well.

http://www.kookerskare.com/index.htm

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

We cook for them every spring, and my wife has sold thier "flashing" pins/glasses/teeth, at contests on Friday night, where KK board members might not be.

It is a a great charity, and helps fill the food pantries in the spring when they are bare.