SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

MS2SB, Awesome shot at the SS. Farkanaut, Bucc should be really bathing well in the salt water with his "KIMCHI" (Spelling correc this time).:laugh:
:biggrin1:Kimchi will be the last thing you smell as I run you through, swabbie!:caked:

Arrrrrgh.
now spell "correct" correct!
:laugh:

TD Entry

Please accept this as a TD entry.

I've been layin' low, but now it's time for my contribution to the Farkanauts.

The ever popular and delicious, TRI-TIP!

_DSC0337.jpg

_DSC0339.jpg

Reverse Seared (a bit too long though)

_DSC0342.jpg

Sliced

_DSC0350.jpg

Dinner Time. TD Money Shot.

_DSC0357.jpg

Yes it was overcooked (my first TT), but it's still a solid entry for the Farkanauts!

Thanks for looking.

Nothing special here, just a brisket sandwich...
brisketsammy.jpg

Made from a choice Angus packer, that was smoked over apple and pecan, K-Blue briqs, for 2 hours at 225F to 250F, then 5 hours at 275F until probe tender, this was done just after this TD started. But, tonight, it was removed from the freezer and braised in water, Big Butz Hot, onions and spinach, then served on a roll, with pickles. A great way to use up some leftover point meat.

Nothing special here, just a brisket sandwich...

Made from a choice Angus packer, that was smoked over apple and pecan, K-Blue briqs, for 2 hours at 225F to 250F, then 5 hours at 275F until probe tender, this was done just after this TD started. But, tonight, it was removed from the freezer and braised in water, Big Butz Hot, onions and spinach, then served on a roll, with pickles. A great way to use up some leftover point meat.

Nice Sammie, but just mere splash in the water next to the Noobian Vessel.:becky:

TD Entry

RAPID FIRE ATTACK!! HERE COMES MORE!!

Please accept this as another TD entry.

I'm using some TD staples for this TD. What could be better than cooking SPAM like a brisket! :loco:

Ingredients:

_DSC0392.jpg

Rubbed, then on the cooker

_DSC0394.jpg

_DSC0397.jpg

I'm in the low and slow camp.

_DSC0399.jpg

Probe tender (wasn't much of a stall...)

_DSC0402.jpg

Lets separate it, and get it ready for slices and burnt "ends"

_DSC0404.jpg

_DSC0409.jpg

I had a hard time finding the grain, so I just made my best guess...

_DSC0411.jpg

Plated, TD Money shot

_DSC0418.jpg

Oh yeah, and the cute kit crutch too :becky::thumb:

_DSC0420.jpg

_DSC0421.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Please accept this as a TD entry.

I've been layin' low, but now it's time for my contribution to the Farkanauts.
The ever popular and delicious, TRI-TIP!

Reverse Seared (a bit too long though)

Sliced

Dinner Time and Money Shot!

_DSC0357.jpg

Yes it was overcooked (my first TT), but it's still a solid entry for the Farkanauts!

Thanks for looking.

I love Tri-Tip, such an great cut of meat, great job!!! Looks great to me. Congrats on a great plate.:clap:

Grrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaatttttt!!!

It sure was great and that Spam and Brisket at the same time looks awesome so shall we call it a "Spamisket"!!!!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is on who teams. There are a lot of Farkers out there and not all are on the SS Farkanaut. As I know what team I am on. Do we have a Master Roster? And when is this over? Is there a drop dead date?

I am sure the Vets are getting tired of the constant bombings, hit and runs and everthing else the Noobs have thrown at them. :laugh::laugh:

List of the FNA as I last had it. Though I don't believe this is 100% anymore. Battle is ended on the Solstice.
Conlan
MS2SB
Enkidu
Brother Matt
Seadad
Freespool
Arg1129
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
Cuebacca
rgrizzle
jkristie
PYGBOYZ
lcbateman
theBear
texque

OK, Farkanauts, I've sat idly by for far too long....INCOMING!!!

The boy is at Grandma's for the week, so it's just the wife and I. Found some excellent fresh spares at Costco this morning. Local grocer has a special on sweet corn at $0.25 an ear, so I picked up a few ears, along with a couple potatoes....and of course, 2 fatties.

Spares, rinsed and trimmed
IMG_4671.jpg

Dusted both racks with turbinado sugar, then hit the top one with 3 Little Pigs KC All Purpose and the bottom with 3 Little Pigs Touch of Cherry...
IMG_4672.jpg

Spares on the smoker at 240* (stabilized shortly after at 270*)
IMG_4673.jpg

About 2 hours in, added the corn and the potatoes (rubbed one with olive oil and 3LP KC All Purpose)
IMG_4676.jpg

2 Fatties sliced: one rubbed with 3LP Touch of Cherry, and the other completely nekkid, just the way God intended...
IMG_4678.jpg

Spares sauced (one rack with 3LP Spicy Chipotle and one with Head Country), and pulled after 3.5 hours...
IMG_4681.jpg

Plated; unfortunately, not good enough for a money shot, as the flash farked things up on the potato...
IMG_4682.jpg

Forgive my noobishness if I'm wrong, but I believe this is what's considered a perfect bite through...not a great background for the shot, but please use this for my entry.
IMG_4687.jpg

Not the best ribs I've made, but farkin' close. I've never used 3LP Spicy Chipotle sauce before; while I love their KC BBQ sauce, this one seemed to have an overabundance of black pepper, which I didn't care for. The texture was perfect, though, and the rack with the cherry rub and Head Country sauce was excellent. I have a newfound love affair with smoked sweet corn; the slow cook really brings out the sweetness in the corn! It was so good tonight that I didn't even bother to add butter or S&P. I've never rubbed a potato before, and really enjoyed the flavor. The fatties...well, nekkid fatties are always the best, but I really loved the flavor of the cherry rub on that Jimmy Dean All Natural! Take that, Farkanauts!! Up next, the onslaught continues with...SPATCHCOCKED CHICKEN!!!

List of the FNA as I last had it. Though I don't believe this is 100% anymore. Battle is ended on the Solstice.
Conlan
MS2SB
Enkidu
Brother Matt
Seadad
Freespool
Arg1129
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
Cuebacca
rgrizzle
jkristie
PYGBOYZ
lcbateman
theBear
texque

Throw me into the mix please. I put the beans in with more to follow this weekend...

Grizzly6 -- interesting idea with a bacon weave over the beans, I bet that amps up the flavour!

It did provide a ton of flavor and the beans disappeared quickly...

I pulled the bacon out at about hour 3 of 5 and then let the beans cook up and flavors to concentrate. Everyone loved em...

Back